Top teams in Knoxville area

Ladyramshoop

It's good to see the Lady Govs of William Blount getting some attention and moving up on some people's "Top 10" lists.  Coach Wright has a young and very exciting team that is a lot of fun to watch.  I believe one of their defensive sets is called "chaos" but if you ask me, you could just call their whole game plan that !!!  

It's 32 minutes of running, pressing, shooting 3's, and lots of player rotation.  Impressive wins over Webb, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Oliver Springs among others this season.  Took a little bit of a beating last night from Blackman, but I'm fairly certain they won't see too many more teams of that caliber for a while.  (In 30+ years of watching b-ball at WB, Blackman would most likely be the best girl's team I've ever seen take the floor of the Marvin L. Boring Memorial Gym).  One positive take-away, the Lady Gov's came out and won the third quarter against the Lady Blaze (19-9), but then Blackman asserted themselves again in the fourth.

I'm convinced on any given night, WB's girls can beat anyone in their district this year IF their shots are falling.  Their primary deficiency is strong post play, but with the style of game they are playing, they neutralize that fairly well.

Ok...I think all of you forgot about William Blount.  Already beat Gatlinburg Pittman, Webb and Oliver Springs....and Tonight Hardin Valley.  Only loss....Blackman!

I had them at #6. I think they will surprise some teams in their district this year. The tourney will be fun to watch this year! 

Its imperative you put Gatlinburg-Pittman on this list. Hands down a better team than Fulton the past two seasons. More than likely headed to state barring any suprises one of the best teams in the region all classifications.

GP always has great Players but the coach couldn't and can't coach her way out of a paper bag! I was at that game last year when they were beating Cak by 20? and when Cak came back she didn't know what to do or how to stop it! She wouldn't and or didn't take ANY time outs during the long runs! I would put her and the Alcoa coach in the same category...Great players don't know how to coach em up!

Ok...I think all of you forgot about William Blount.  Already beat Gatlinburg Pittman, Webb and Oliver Springs....and Tonight Hardin Valley.  Only loss....Blackman!

etnhoops,

If you'll look back over to the previous page, you will see that the Govman has not "forgot about William Blount".  I kind of like the idea of flying under the radar, but with each win, this gets a little tougher.

Anybody want to update their rankings after the first couple of weeks of games? Farragut had a big win against Heritage last night and Morristown West rolled over Sevier County. I'll go with:

1. Morristown West
2. Maryville
3. Farragut
4. William Blount
5. Fulton
6. Heritage
7.  Jefferson County
8. Grace
9. Bearden
10. Webb

etnhoops,

If you'll look back over to the previous page, you will see that the Govman has not "forgot about William Blount".  I kind of like the idea of flying under the radar, but with each win, this gets a little tougher.

Yes I just did see that.  William Blount is going to be really tough for next couple of years too.  I might be Biased though...Daughter plays and is only a freshman...and I coach almost all of the underclassman in AAU.

Not sure about coach Parton but do know GP has a great assistant coach in Conchita Johnson. She was very successful at PF. As far as the girl that transferred...doesn't she have a sister in middle school still living with their mom in Knoxville-could be wrong about that...not sure but if it's true Maybe that's why tssaa didn't accept hardship. From fulton's perspective they lose a freshmen who helped lead team to state tournament to the team they have played last two years for district title so can understand why they aren't happy. She may be in a better financial situation now but what evidence was there to suggest that moving away from mom and sister was best overall for her...don't know the family so I can't say if it was or not. Maybe the move will have a great impact on her life but with history of transfers to GP in boys and girls basketball over the last decade it does create questions...even to those with no dog in the fight.