3A Playoff Command Center

Gerry Bertier

See that's what's confusing to me cause according to the TSSAA we are a NATURAL QUAD 2 not Quad 1.

There was not enough natural quad 1 teams eligible for the playoffs. It has happened the last couple of years because teams in the northeast have not been very good. Natural just means that we are in the quad 2 geographic region. Since a lot of teams east of us did not qualify, the geographic line moves westward for quad 1, pulling "natural quad 2 teams" like Alcoa, CAK, and Sweetwater into quad 1. 

Hope this helps...

It does Thank You

There was not enough natural quad 1 teams eligible for the playoffs. It has happened the last couple of years because teams in the northeast have not been very good. Natural just means that we are in the quad 2 geographic region. Since a lot of teams east of us did not qualify, the geographic line moves westward for quad 1, pulling "natural quad 2 teams" like Alcoa, CAK, and Sweetwater into quad 1.

Hope this helps...

It does Thank You but Alcoa and CAK are Natural Quad 1 teams while Sweetwater is a Natural Quad 2 or that's what was on TSSAA website anyway Edited by LinebackerU87

This is what it should look like. I'd post the bracket here but I have tried and tried and have no clue how to post a JPEG, PNG, PDF, screenshot, etc.

(x-x-x-x) =

(Wins-Opponents with 50% wins-Wins over opponents with 50% wins-opponent wins)

QUAD 1

1. Alcoa (District #1)

2. Chukey-Doak (District #2)

3. Pigeon Forge (7-4-1-46)

4. GP (7-4-1-42)

5. Sweetwater (6-4-1)

6. West Greene (6-3/4-0)

7. CAK (5)

8. Johnson City County (4) thanks parrotheadvol for point out the error

QUAD 2

1. Notre Dame (District #1)

2. McMinn Central (District #2) 8 wins

3. Red Bank (District #2) 6 wins

4. Upperman (6)

5. York Institute (5-5-2)

6. Bledsoe County (5-5-1-49)

7. Grundy County (5-5-1-48)

8. CCS (4)

QUAD 3

1. CPA (District #1) 10 wins

2. WH-Heritage (District #1) 9 wins

3. East Nashville (District #1) 8 wins

4. Westmoreland (District #2)

5. Fairview (7-5)

6. Lipscomb (7-4)

7. Cascade (4-6-1)

8 Harpeth (4-6-0)

QUAD 4

1. Camden (District #1)

2. Waverly Central (District #2) 8 wins

3. Manassas (District #2) 7 wins

4. Westview (8)

5. Milan (7-8)

6. Hickman County (7-5)

7. Fairley (5)

8. Lewis County (4)

Lipscomb played 5 teams with .500+ records not 4.

Page, Greenbrier, Pearl, East Nashville, and White House.

It does Thank You but Alcoa and CAK are Natural Quad 1 teams while Sweetwater is a Natural Quad 2 or that's what was on TSSAA website anyway

Ok, I'm just going on experience. It seems like Alcoa/CAK were usually in quad 2 up until the last cpl of years. It is what it is. I hate Sweetwater has to go up there but I believe they can beat GP. 

Ok, I'm just going on experience. It seems like Alcoa/CAK were usually in quad 2 up until the last cpl of years. It is what it is. I hate Sweetwater has to go up there but I believe they can beat GP.

I enjoy going to GP, Sweetwater played them few years ago was a good trip and GP has a long tradition of great football. Should be a good game

Lipscomb played 5 teams with .500+ records not 4.

Page, Greenbrier, Pearl, East Nashville, and White House.

You're right. Should have been (7-5-x) on each.

On the question of teams moving or changing quads. When there is a deficiency in one quad, obviously there is an excess in another.

This year in 3A: (1) 7, (2) 9, (3) 12, (4) 4.

The eastern most team geographically from quad 2 moves into quad 1, in this case it's Sweetwater.

In quad 3, the 8 most eastern teams remain in quad 3, and the 4 most western teams most into 4, which were Lewis County, Camden, Waverly, and Hickman County.

Once the teams are placed into their respective quads, the seeding is made.

Hope this helps.