2a quad 3

cardfan

Lets try to keep everything about these games in one thread so we can all get our information in one place.  its worth a try.

1 Adamsville 

2 Mt Plesant

3 Loretto

4. Forrest

5. Riverside

6. Scotts hill

Adamsville gets winner of Riverside @ Forrest

MTP gets winner of Scotts Hill @ Loretto

I think Adamsville is overall favorite but Forrest and Riverside might have something to say.  Also dont Sleep on those Lions from Scotts Hill.  They gave Adamsville  all they wanted for 2 1/2 qtrs.  

Lets get it on folks.  Please keep it clean, classy and respectful .

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that opinion! And looks like yall got a tough RD 2 , but make it through that Yall will cost !

Interesting that TCA and Adamsville both will have tough first games( TCA....Peabody or Huntington)(Redbirds....Forrest or Riverside) and if both win the next game SHOULD be an easier one.

Ok so here is what we got we have 2 time state runner up in Adamsville that has only lost one game and played up in classification for their non district games all except collinwood. Then we have mtp which plays in a weaker district overall. ( not all the teams are weak). They will have speed but this time of year physicality comes into play. Noone ever posts from Loretto so I took a look at their season and look for them to make an early exit. Forrest seems to be improved over last year but seem to play up and down at times. Shut down their run game and you can beat them. Riverside is a tough team but I think they are missing a key cog to their puzzle right now. Let them hang around though and they will beat you. That brings us to Scotts Hill. This will be the lions first ever foray into post season football. The coaches will have to find the happy medium between excitement and the wow factor. I see them possibly winning 2 games one against Loretto and then upsetting Mtp the next week. Second round I also see Adamsville stopping Forrest setting up a home date with Scotts Hill. Third round I see a slobber knocker for a half then Adamsville imposes their will on the Lions. That sets us up to see who comesnout of quad 4. Will that be TCA, Mckenzie, or Peabody? I say TCA

Ok so here is what we got we have 2 time state runner up in Adamsville that has only lost one game and played up in classification for their non district games all except collinwood. Then we have mtp which plays in a weaker district overall. ( not all the teams are weak). They will have speed but this time of year physicality comes into play. Noone ever posts from Loretto so I took a look at their season and look for them to make an early exit. Forrest seems to be improved over last year but seem to play up and down at times. Shut down their run game and you can beat them. Riverside is a tough team but I think they are missing a key cog to their puzzle right now. Let them hang around though and they will beat you. That brings us to Scotts Hill. This will be the lions first ever foray into post season football. The coaches will have to find the happy medium between excitement and the wow factor. I see them possibly winning 2 games one against Loretto and then upsetting Mtp the next week. Second round I also see Adamsville stopping Forrest setting up a home date with Scotts Hill. Third round I see a slobber knocker for a half then Adamsville imposes their will on the Lions. That sets us up to see who comesnout of quad 4. Will that be TCA, Mckenzie, or Peabody? I say TCA

Good analysis. I agree with all points. I think the winner of the TCA vs Trenton/Huntingdon game wins quad 4. That's three good teams on one side of the bracket.

Forrest seems to be improved over last year but seem to play up and down at times. Shut down their run game and you can beat them.

FWIW, Forrest has had one "down" game this season. Having 7 starters out of that game had a lot to do with it. Their other two losses were an overtime loss to a 4A playoff team and an Alabama team that's better than anybody Adamsville has played. So not sure about the up and down statement. Also, they have a back that's broken the school's single season rushing record and the offense has broken the single season points record. Defensively, they held the 9-1 and 40+ point averaging MTCS to 14 (season low by far). So.......yeah, it is what it is. We hope that we keep getting underestimated and being the underdog.

FWIW, Forrest has had one "down" game this season. Having 7 starters out of that game had a lot to do with it. Their other two losses were an overtime loss to a 4A playoff team and an Alabama team that's better than anybody Adamsville has played. So not sure about the up and down statement. Also, they have a back that's broken the school's single season rushing record and the offense has broken the single season points record. Defensively, they held the 9-1 and 40+ point averaging MTCS to 14 (season low by far). So.......yeah, it is what it is. We hope that we keep getting underestimated and being the underdog.

District 15A will dominate quad 3!