Playoff Game 1: Tennessee High @ Anderson County

TomJoad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It stinks that we were missing 6 starters. The injury bug really bit us, but Tennessee High came to play and I congratulate them on their win. Good luck next week and I will be cheering for you as the fan base was pure class. Now it's time to move on to the next level and figure out who's dotted line Matt will sign on. It's been a great four years and the brotherhood has grown. Mavs for Life and always part of The Herd!

WOW... what a road trip!!! Last time I personally witnessed a football experience like that was 2004 Quarterfinals against Maryville (although the outcome was totally on the other end of the spectrum :blush:)! LOVED IT!!! Heck... after the pre game festivities I almost stood up myself as the MAV's entered the field.

Going into tonight's game I was seriously hoping that the Vikings were able to at least make a game out of it. Those who know me know that I'm rarely at a loss for words... but I truly had nothing to add to the conversation this week. I knew absolutely nothing about AC and had no comparison to base any constructive critiques. Based on everything I was hearing on this thread, the Mav's sounded like they had the kryptonite to slow down our bread and butter of the Vikings which is a heavy does of ground and pound. But that simply was NOT the case. The Vikings pretty much had their way on O tonight once the play calling focus on a more vertical game plan and after the officiating crew provided some excelerant to the fire in the belly of the Vikings with several IMO "in your face" attempts to keep the game close're. AC just did not have an answer for our athleticism, and they suffered from "high snapitis" that crippled (fortunately for us) several drives and kept them from scoring with the Vikings. I feel very lucky to get away with the W tonight.

I have two critiques I must get off my chest while keeping it 100%..... The boys have proven ON THE FIELD time after time that they can be successful with the "forward pass". But the coaching staff has continued to be reluctant to make this a true factor in our offensive attack until it's the last resort. WHY??! :blink: Also.... (keeping it 100) #5 has to search out ways to prove himself!!!! AC must have seen something on film.... 70% of their offense was unfairly directed at him tonight. He has GOT to make some plays, hits, or something to get this target off his back or this will haunt him into next season!!!! Trust me... I'm speaking from personal experience. Coach Young (who ironically wore the same number) can tell him all about it. ;)

Congrats to the VIKINGS... way to represent!! Congrats to AC for a VERY respectful season that no one would hang their heads about. I wish we could put you guys on schedule. It would be well worth the travel!! Congrats to Coach M&M and staff on a well deserved post season victory!! I know sometimes it doesn't sound like it, but I'm ALWAYS proud of you guy's accomplishments and all the work on and off the field that goes into it. HECK... one more unexpected W this year and I may just lay off Coach P for a while.... Probably not, but it sounded good. :thumb:

Haha yeah I agree with everything in this post. Btw #5 would be Jaden aka Bubby. He's a junior and he really puts it all out on the field but he's used to playing in a QB role on JV so the idea of laying people out is a bit foreign. Next year he should be 10x better.

Lol.lol ragg me all you want but remember one thing win or lose next week at least we're still playing....lol.lol.lol.lol

Well there's a first time for everything. But you still have not beat AC wella maybe next year... Do you realize you have been saying that for years. Just see Big Russ shirt.... Gotta Love it.....Despite you I am pulling for the Cougars.

It stinks that we were missing 6 starters. The injury bug really bit us, but Tennessee High came to play and I congratulate them on their win. Good luck next week and I will be cheering for you as the fan base was pure class. Now it's time to move on to the next level and figure out who's dotted line Matt will sign on. It's been a great four years and the brotherhood has grown. Mavs for Life and always part of The Herd!

Tell Matt we will all miss him and the seniors. I just cannot believe it has all come to an end. But with many like Matt it really is just the beginning. Good Luck to the Beast and all Seniors! You have made us Mavs Proud!

Well there's a first time for everything. But you still have not beat AC wella maybe next year... Do you realize you have been saying that for years. Just see Big Russ shirt.... Gotta Love it.....Despite you I am pulling for the Cougars.

yeah I heard about his shirt it didn't go over too well up at cc.but he will look good wearing on his couch next Friday night..lol

yeah I heard about his shirt it didn't go over too well up at cc.but he will look good wearing on his couch next Friday night..lol .and by the way too bad his past actions have made him hated in his own community were he grew up.but hay no big deal it's not like he was liked much up there anyways..from what I have been told.

yeah I heard about his shirt it didn't go over too well up at cc.but he will look good wearing on his couch next Friday night..lol .and by the way too bad his past actions have made him hated in his own community were he grew up.but hay no big deal it's not like he was liked much up there anyways..from what I have been told.

wow! Character assassination ! LOL Everyone Loves Russ. You gotta Love him. He is having the time of his life. Wella really the shirt is absolutely true.... well maybe next year. After a while it does become comical. I have a feeling if CC will agree to a scheduling that AC would love to give you another chance of course unless you guys are down next year. That is understandable. :) Have a good one hoghead Go Cougars beat SD!

Hate to see the year come to an end for the Mavs! Sounds like you guys ran into a buzz saw last night. Hopefully TH can take it to West next week and end another dream season! Had a blast TJ and Mav4!!

And how could I forget about my guy Seattle! I look forward to next year when the district for us is much more competitive!

wow! Character assassination ! LOL Everyone Loves Russ. You gotta Love him. He is having the time of his life. Wella really the shirt is absolutely true.... well maybe next year. After a while it does become comical. I have a feeling if CC will agree to a scheduling that AC would love to give you another chance of course unless you guys are down next year. That is understandable. :) Have a good one hoghead Go Cougars beat SD!

oh you must have miss understood me. I have no problem at all with him. I am new too this program and in just meeting alot of the fans and alumni.the one thing in talking to them that is all the same.neither brothers are well liked up here expecially russ. In all seriousness that's not my opinion either but hey who cares it's not like he is running for mayor or anything lol.....and yes I hope you all do not dodge us next year come scheduling time.CC will be ready for AC anytime I know you all lose alot but if I know G.T. he will be recruiting all summer trying to keep you all competitive next year .staying down may back fire on you all with Fulton and catholic being in the same district with you all ..and thanks for the support for next week we will need it but in my opinion we have already met my expectations this year so any win past the first round is just gravy .

oh you must have miss understood me. I have no problem at all with him. I am new too this program and in just meeting alot of the fans and alumni.the one thing in talking to them that is all the same.neither brothers are well liked up here expecially russ. In all seriousness that's not my opinion either but hey who cares it's not like he is running for mayor or anything lol.....and yes I hope you all do not dodge us next year come scheduling time.CC will be ready for AC anytime I know you all lose alot but if I know G.T. he will be recruiting all summer trying to keep you all competitive next year .staying down may back fire on you all with Fulton and catholic being in the same district with you all ..and thanks for the support for next week we will need it but in my opinion we have already met my expectations this year so any win past the first round is just gravy .

Nuff said hog. Leave this thread and come over to ours vs Sdoyle.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy