Week 1 of the Playoffs: CAK at Chuckey Doak

BigDave1967

• 2 weeks later...

Well our guys played their hearts out all season to finish 7-4 overall, We had several standout players this year highlighted by Dillon Brown who finished just shy of 2000 yards on the season, around 1800 i guess, and he sat out the Greeneville game (although he probably wouldnt had gotten much there anyway). Won the County championship for the 2nd straight year defeating West Greene 23-0, South Greene 24-17, and North Greene 28-20. We lost to CAK 42-6, we just were not able to defend against passing teams all year and their quarterback threw for a ton on Friday. By my count we had 4 drives that could have resulted in points, but a turnover on downs, and interception, and the end of the 2nd quarter kept us out of the endzone. Dillon Brown finished with just over 100 yards on the ground and 1 touchdown and Tanner Barkley threw for 99 yards. Some of the CAK fans that sat on the C-D side were downright rude all the way down to just plain making fun of us, but i guess Teenagers do that. I can't wait for next year to see what the Black Knights can do in the new BRAC.

Well our guys played their hearts out all season to finish 7-4 overall, We had several standout players this year highlighted by Dillon Brown who finished just shy of 2000 yards on the season, around 1800 i guess, and he sat out the Greeneville game (although he probably wouldnt had gotten much there anyway). Won the County championship for the 2nd straight year defeating West Greene 23-0, South Greene 24-17, and North Greene 28-20. We lost to CAK 42-6, we just were not able to defend against passing teams all year and their quarterback threw for a ton on Friday. By my count we had 4 drives that could have resulted in points, but a turnover on downs, and interception, and the end of the 2nd quarter kept us out of the endzone. Dillon Brown finished with just over 100 yards on the ground and 1 touchdown and Tanner Barkley threw for 99 yards. Some of the CAK fans that sat on the C-D side were downright rude all the way down to just plain making fun of us, but i guess Teenagers do that. I can't wait for next year to see what the Black Knights can do in the new BRAC.

I hate to hear that. Generally we hear really good things about the fans and the kids as well, but it sounds like this was not our best moment. Enjoyed our trip to Chuckey. Congratulations on a great season and particularly 2 consecutive county championships. Looks like the Black Knight program is headed in the right direction.

I'm sorry to hear this too, though I think it's possible the kids you're talking about might not have been from CAK.  Very..and I do mean VERY few people from CAK made the trip, mostly players' parents and a few siblings.  I actually was on the C-D side because I was working for the game, and I didn't hear any derogatory comments or making fun of C-D from any of the few CAK people who were near me.

Where were you sitting?  And what were these teenagers wearing and what did they look like?  If you can identify them clearly enough I'll give them a chewing next time I see them.

It would be fairly unusual for any of the few CAK kids who come to away games to sit on the opposing team's side.  It would also be fairly unusual for typically well-mannered CAK kids to make fun of an opposing team; the few who would actually do such a thing are typically not the type who would brave the cold and make the trip all the way to C-D.

Those 3 guys could have been stragglers from the Tusculum College Volleyball game that we held at our Gym, I don't actually sit down at Football games i wander around and talk to friends and get different views of plays and stuff. The only reason i assumed they were CAK is because they were insulting C-D, but they werent pulling for CAK either so I don't know. The Warriors played a good game, we were really hoping for rain to try and slow down the passing game, but it stayed dry as a bone all night, cold but dry. Im still a senior at chuckey doak so i go to most of our home sporting events and ones at Greeneville, South, West, and North Greene. Good luck to your Warriors against the Tigers on Friday, For us we wait til August.

Thanks, and congrats to C-D on a great season.  Our hosts were very friendly and the fans hung with the boys till the very end, which is always a sign of a good program.

Those 3 guys could have been stragglers from the Tusculum College Volleyball game that we held at our Gym, I don't actually sit down at Football games i wander around and talk to friends and get different views of plays and stuff. The only reason i assumed they were CAK is because they were insulting C-D, but they werent pulling for CAK either so I don't know. The Warriors played a good game, we were really hoping for rain to try and slow down the passing game, but it stayed dry as a bone all night, cold but dry. Im still a senior at chuckey doak so i go to most of our home sporting events and ones at Greeneville, South, West, and North Greene. Good luck to your Warriors against the Tigers on Friday, For us we wait til August.

Thanks, and congrats to C-D on a great season.  Our hosts were very friendly and the fans hung with the boys till the very end, which is always a sign of a good program.

This is a school that just recently was a contender to win 2-3 games a season but they turned it around. I really love our fan base they are always in the game til the end. I'm glad you had a good time at the game, If we ever travel to CAK i'll be sure to try and make sure i'm there.