Fairview @ McKenzie

Guest jacketfan48

Guest jacketfan48

Well next Friday Fairview travels to McKenzie to play the 2nd round of playoffs. What does people think about that game? I do know that lastyear Fairview traveled all the way to McKenzie for the 1st round of play offs and was upset. So this year we made it to the 2nd round and we aren't gonna let anyone or anything stand in the way.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some of the West TN guys label you with the "Lewis County stigma?" That being that Lewis County can't beat West TN teams.. Of course after Huntingdon going out in round one two years in a row, to a #3 and #4 seed, I wonder if it shouldn't be the other way around? I have said all year long that our region was stronger top to bottom than their region. Let's see what happens now but my guess is that a week from now, it will be two region 5 teams from middle TN playing in round three, not the supposedly superior west TN teams!

Guest westztd

You can be the "expert" all you want. The road to the state title game will have to go through Milan, and last time I looked, they are indeed a West Tennessee team.

Congrats to Fairview though, as they did indeed beat a good Huntingdon team that had already beaten McKenzie and Riverside both. (But they were beaten badly by Milan).

Guest abigfan

After watching Waverly Tigers fall to McKensie in the fouth quarter I would like to reveal what seemed to be a great game plan on McKensie's behalf. McKensie a team not noted for their passing game, came out passing on 1st and 3rd down in the first half. It did not matter that they had few completions against a good Waverly Secondary. They made waverly chase the ball and expend valuable energy. Once Waverly was wore down, Mckensie turned on their power football game and beat the Tigers running up the middle. A few crucial Tiger mistakes also aided Mckensie's come back. I think Fairview has the better team offensivly and if the defensive line can stop the run up the middle they will come out on top.

Go Fairview.

I Just Want To Say Good Luck Fairview And Lewis Co...

Now... Yes The Game Plan McKenzie Had Worked If That Was Their Plan... They Are Big Up Front On Offense.. If They Try The Same Thing Against Fairview... If Fairview Can Get Pressure On Their QB Then I Think Fairview Will Win.. Fairview Does Have A Better Offense Then McKenzie But If You Don't Pressure The QB When They Do Try And Pass Then Come The 4th Quarter Their BIG O Line Will Wear Down The D Line.. And Their Backs Are BIG Also. McKenzies Containment On The Out Side Wasn't All That Good But Our #32 Jake Damesworth Had Some Good Runs Up The Middle But Not Alot.. And Ya'll Know He Is An Excellent Middle Runner McKenzie Is Strong In The Middle.. If You Can Get Outside You Will Have Success Against Them....

And Aaron....#24 Jesse Wants Me To Tell You Good Luck And Run Strong.. He Just Wishes He Could Have Played Against McKenzie

GOOD LUCK Fairview And Make Our Region Proud!!!

I Just Wish It Was A Rematch Week For Us.. But Since It's Not We Are Pulling For Ya'll...

[Edited by Tigersden on 11-10-02 8:58P]

I was at the Waverly game friday night and i somewhat disagree with what you say...Mckenzie i think beat a much better football team than they were...I dont really think that there coach going into the game thought hey our plan is lets throw the ball for 3 whole quaters and get down 17-0 and then decide to run the ball and come back,sorry i dont think that any coach plans on being down 17 with 8 to go.But i thikn that fairviuew will beat Mckenzie in the next round because if waverly would of had hayes this game wouldnt of even been close(they wouldnt of even had there starters out there to come back with)..But i htink that Lewis county will beat the winner so it relly is just a chance to go and get beat the next round...Hey and no one go off and say that im just some lewis county trash talker or even better some fairview one...to be honest i dont even care for any of the teams i any of these regions....Amnd this is just my opinion..

To tigersDen: Tell jesse I said thanx, he is a great running back, I wish we could have had a rematch as well but stuff happens. I know he couldnt play against him and trust me if he did it would have been a diffrent story. This friday is a rematch of last year which we should have pulled it out but a couple slip plays gave them the lead and we couldnt get it back but this year no slip ups, if we play together we wont be beat, so jesse I know this doesnt mean much but from running back to another ill do what you should have done to them run all over them. Region 5 have tough competition but in the playoofs we should stick together to show everyone how tough we really are.

Since the 2000 season....Mckenzie has played and beaten Richland, Harpeth, Fairview, Loretto, Lewis Co(in rd 3 last yr when they were #1), and Waverly. Thats 6-0 the past 2 yrs +. No matter what happens fri night, thats dominance my friend. The streak will eventually end for sure......but it wont be this fri night on Rebel Field.