New Region Assignments - 1A and 2A

tribecitizen

I have heard as TSSAA announcement of the new regional alignments in football could come by weeks end. I have a pretty good idea what Region 1 and 2 for most classifications will look like. My thoughts on Region 1-2A are decent I feel, but I honestly have no idea what they will do with Region 1-1A. Can you guys help?

Region 1-2A

Sullivan North
Happy Valley
Hampton
North Greene
South Greene
Cumberland Gap
Cosby
Gatlinburg-Pittman

Region 1-1A

Cloudland

Unaka

Hancock County

...the rest is big ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tribecitizen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard as TSSAA announcement of the new regional alignments in football could come by weeks end. I have a pretty good idea what Region 1 and 2 for most classifications will look like. My thoughts on Region 1-2A are decent I feel, but I honestly have no idea what they will do with Region 1-1A. Can you guys help?

Region 1-2A

Sullivan North
Happy Valley
Hampton
North Greene
South Greene
Cumberland Gap
Cosby

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Region 1-1A

Cloudland

Unaka

Hancock County

...the rest is big ?

Thanks in advance.

Jellico and maybe Greenback and Oneida. Could be LOTS of travel and small gates.

Region 1-2A

Sullivan North
Happy Valley
Hampton
North Greene
South Greene
Cumberland Gap
Cosby

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Region 1-1A

Cloudland

Unaka

Hancock County

...the rest is big ?

Thanks in advance.

Cosby or GP or maybe both could end up in Region 2-2A

I bet Jellico ends up in 1-1A for sure after that I don't know which Knox area team they will torture and send east.

I mainly included Cosby and Gatlinburg-Pittman in Region 1 due to both lying east of Knoxville.  The TSSAA may look at that as geographical preference. Not to mention that Cosby has competed with teams in the region for a number of years. Pittman used to be a regular in northeast Tennessee, not so much lately, but being in 2A they may be separated from Knoxville.

Greenback being in Loudon County and closer to Concord Christian, Oneida being on the Kentucky border but in close proximity to Jellico. I can easily see Jellico being included in Region 1-1A, but Oneida has regularly competed with the west of Knoxville schools. It's a crap shoot really, for all the schools. It almost appears the TSSAA will have to combine combinations of schools to the three from northeast Tennessee. Whatever combination from the greater west Knoxville area gets strapped to them I feel sorry for. As someone above mentioned, long travel and crappy gates await you.

Region 1-1A

Cloudland (Carter)

Unaka (Carter)

Hancock County (Hancock)

The schools below though in proximity to the Roane County schools are probably the best candidates to be sent east...

Jellico (Campbell) along Kentucky border like Hancock County and Oneida

Concord Christian (Knox) near Greenback and in proximity to remainder of Knox area schools

Greenback (Loudon) near Concord and in proximity to remainder of Knox area schools

Coalfield (Morgan) near Oneida and Concord and in proximity to other Knox area schools

Oneida (Scott) near Jellico and Coalfield and in proximity to other Knox area schools

I've heard region 1-1A could be the following

Cloudland

Unaka

Hancock County

Jellico

Concord Christian

Greenback

Upon looking at what Region 2-1A would look like I'd agree with that. 1A is defined by West Tennessee, the eastern side of Tennessee just is too spread out in that classification. Looks like hunting for 5 games a year is in their future.

I think we (cosby) will most likely end up in region 1. GP could go either way. If TSSAA wants to even out numbers of teams per region some schools will get bumped west. Cosby and GP are definitely the furthest west of all projected region 1 teams.

Agreed. I'd love to see Pittman come up to Sullivan North again on a regular basis. That game used to be a slobber knocker every year when I was younger. Hopefully the TSSAA puts something out soon. I'm anxious just to know.