Round 2 (11-0) Ooltewah @ (11-0) Rhea Co.

ChattanoogaFBFan

Let's break it down this way..

Owls offense:  Up-tempo, good skill players at WR, QB playing well within the offense, lack a true game-changer at RB but still threat to catch balls and make plays, OL is more of the small, athletic type that can move and block on the perimeter and second level.  No one has really stopped the Owls from scoring a bunch of points this year.

Owls defense: Big, athletic DL that can make plays, LBs can all run and cover a lot of area, #5 is a great player, secondary is athletic and can cover well, safeties will show up in the run game some so the CBs on the outside have to be really good cover guys on an island.  This is still the strength of the Owls in my opinion.

Eagles offense:  You know what you're gonna get from a Mark Pemberton led team.  They are gonna execute the wing-t near perfect, and at this point in the season, they should  be clicking on this side of the ball.  #5 is beast and one of the more physical, determined runners I've seen in a few years. The slot backs are all very patient runners and run well behind their blockers. #11 can run stride for stride with the Owl secondary and has literally had at least one, long TD reception every week.  This side of the ball is the strength for Eagles IMO.

Eagles defense:  The entire defense is tough, physical, and plays with a chip their shoulder. Some of these guys start on offense as well.  The DL will try to penetrate, disrupt the QB's timing and make plays.  The LBs have been great stopping the run, and are almost never out of position.  The secondary is where they will be tested the most.  The Eagles have done fairly well this year vs the pass, BUT the important thing in this game will be the individual match ups on the perimeter.  

When Rhea Co has the ball, both teams' strengths will be going head to head.  So, it will be interesting to see which team can win that battle.

When Ooltewah has the ball, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles defense will match up in the skill positions.  The weather may be a factor too.  The owls rely on the passing game, and throwing the ball in cold weather has always concerned me.

The kicking game may be the deciding factor.  Whoever can maintain field position, and make the most plays on special teams may win the game on this phase alone.  

Rhea Co gets 3 points from Vegas for being the home team, but I still anticipate the Owls to move on to the Quarterfinals and face Oak Ridge in an old Region 2-5A showdown! (Cleveland may something else to say about that though) Either way it should be a fantastic ball game in Evensville this Friday. 

Owls offense:  Up-tempo, good skill players at WR, QB playing well within the offense, lack a true game-changer at RB but still threat to catch balls and make plays, OL is more of the small, athletic type that can move and block on the perimeter and second level.  No one has really stopped the Owls from scoring a bunch of points this year.

Owls defense: Big, athletic DL that can make plays, LBs can all run and cover a lot of area, #5 is a great player, secondary is athletic and can cover well, safeties will show up in the run game some so the CBs on the outside have to be really good cover guys on an island.  This is still the strength of the Owls in my opinion.

Eagles offense:  You know what you're gonna get from a Mark Pemberton led team.  They are gonna execute the wing-t near perfect, and at this point in the season, they should  be clicking on this side of the ball.  #5 is beast and one of the more physical, determined runners I've seen in a few years. The slot backs are all very patient runners and run well behind their blockers. #11 can run stride for stride with the Owl secondary and has literally had at least one, long TD reception every week.  This side of the ball is the strength for Eagles IMO.

Eagles defense:  The entire defense is tough, physical, and plays with a chip their shoulder. Some of these guys start on offense as well.  The DL will try to penetrate, disrupt the QB's timing and make plays.  The LBs have been great stopping the run, and are almost never out of position.  The secondary is where they will be tested the most.  The Eagles have done fairly well this year vs the pass, BUT the important thing in this game will be the individual match ups on the perimeter.  

When Rhea Co has the ball, both teams' strengths will be going head to head.  So, it will be interesting to see which team can win that battle.

When Ooltewah has the ball, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles defense will match up in the skill positions.  The weather may be a factor too.  The owls rely on the passing game, and throwing the ball in cold weather has always concerned me.

The kicking game may be the deciding factor.  Whoever can maintain field position, and make the most plays on special teams may win the game on this phase alone.  

Rhea Co gets 3 points from Vegas for being the home team, but I still anticipate the Owls to move on to the Quarterfinals and face Oak Ridge in an old Region 2-5A showdown! (Cleveland may something else to say about that though) Either way it should be a fantastic ball game in Evensville this Friday.

Very strong assessment. Can't wait for the game.

Best assessment I've seen about this game. It will be an interesting match up for sure.

I think it's a great matchup. Ooltewah's passing game and speed against Rhea's deadly ground game could lead to a battle for time of possession. Ooltewah scored all four touchdowns last night in the air and kicked a FG. If I remember correctly, Rhea scored all of their TDs on the ground with exception of the 4th and 3 TD to the TE while the continuous clock was running.

I heard a rumor (may be all it is) that Ooltewah fans were chanting "We want Rhea" towards the end of last night's game with Stone Memorial. Can anyone from the nest verify this?

I can confirm it was just a rumor ..... When the Owls game ended, we were not yet aware of who we would play next .... 

Looking forward to seeing this one. I haven't seen Rhea and they sound like a strong physical team, but an old coach once told me choose speed over size every time. The Owls have been fun to watch this year.Good luck to both teams.

While the Eagles are strong and physical I don't think you will see a big difference in size between them and the Owls. Many of the teams Rhea played this year had better size. Gonna be COLD Friday night!

GO EAGLES!!!!

If Oak Ridge wasn't playing Friday night I would come down and see this game. I have a lot of good memories about coming down to watch the Owls and Wildcats play. Their booster club had some great BarBQ. Good luck to both teams and I hope to see one of them soon.

UH YOU NEED TO PUT THAT VIDEO BACK IN THE ARCHIVES WHERE IT BELONGS..... <_<