chattanoooga central...year in review

fishheadspin

Good news on the pounder front, Bradley county has taken a hard hit on coach recruiting ms kids. So ooltewah has to be next in line for recruiting ms kids zoned for central. And yes telling kids they can go to ooltewah if they go to central office and get hardship papers is recruiting whether you do it yourself or get the middle school secretary office lady (whatever her role is? Ooltewah official recruiter?) to do it for you! And it's not just football either! Volleyball coach is pretty hard core at recruiting also! Middle school baseball coaches push their kids to ooltewah no need for hs coaches to do it. Still recruiting!

Good news on the pounder front, Bradley county has taken a hard hit on coach recruiting ms kids. So ooltewah has to be next in line for recruiting ms kids zoned for central. And yes telling kids they can go to ooltewah if they go to central office and get hardship papers is recruiting whether you do it yourself or get the middle school secretary office lady (whatever her role is? Ooltewah official recruiter?) to do it for you! And it's not just football either! Volleyball coach is pretty hard core at recruiting also! Middle school baseball coaches push their kids to ooltewah no need for hs coaches to do it. Still recruiting!

I don't want to debate recruiting with you, but Central hasn't shown enough investment in football to keep the players who have options elsewhere. Put more effort into demanding more from you current admin instead of howling about OHS.

Stan you are right about the Ooltewah situation. The hardship transfers are signed off by the man himself, Rick Smith. It as been going on for awhile. You right on everything u have said. Also Hunter Middle is also bad about this especially with one of their school office people pushing kids to Ooltewah. I call all of it the Ooltewah Mafia including the school super, Rick Smith who signs automatically. Look at the main Hamilton County School office on Bonny Oaks and see where most have their allegiance- Ooltewah and East Hamilton. The truth is it is happening. Good job Stan. The truth is now out. Lets see if they want to see who signed the school hardship transfers the last 2 years. It was Rick Smith, the Ooltewah Mafia Boss plus the middle school secretaries and their coaches at Hunter and the other middle schools in that area that are doing it that have connections to Ooltewah and East Hamilton. Sorry Passive but it is true not only for u but also for East Hamilton.  

Stan you are right about the Ooltewah situation. The hardship transfers are signed off by the man himself, Rick Smith. It as been going on for awhile. You right on everything u have said. Also Hunter Middle is also bad about this especially with one of their school office people pushing kids to Ooltewah. I call all of it the Ooltewah Mafia including the school super, Rick Smith who signs automatically. Look at the main Hamilton County School office on Bonny Oaks and see where most have their allegiance- Ooltewah and East Hamilton. The truth is it is happening. Good job Stan. The truth is now out. Lets see if they want to see who signed the school hardship transfers the last 2 years. It was Rick Smith, the Ooltewah Mafia Boss plus the middle school secretaries and their coaches at Hunter and the other middle schools in that area that are doing it that have connections to Ooltewah and East Hamilton. Sorry Passive but it is true not only for u but also for East Hamilton.

How dare those boys and their parents want a solid football experience for a high school career?! How dare they seek the best possible option for themselves?! Invest in your own product and the deflections won't hurt you, nor happen as much.

Transfers/ hardships happen everywhere (don't get me started on private schools), but it won't kill you if you have solid coaching.

If parents are seeking a better football situation, volleyball situation, baseball situation, softball situation etc. Why do the coaches need to come and "talk" to them about hardship opportunities to come to ooltewah. Yes I know our coaching situation hasn't been ideal but what coach wants to fight the battle of losing their best athletes right off the bat. Hunter middle won't even let central football coach come and talk to our zoned 8th grade athletes. FACT! And before you ask, yes ooltewah coach gets to come! To my understanding of the tssaa ruling on hardship is if a student gets a hardship and is out of zone of that school that student can only attend that school for educational purposes only,not athletics! As much as you want to sugar coat it, recruiting of 8th graders goes on at hunter middle by middle school coaches, school secretaries, and yes high school coaches! Same thing that happened at Bradley and its illegal

So the problem lies in your administration for allowing such atrocities to occur, according to your response.

I haven't lived here long, but it doesn't take a "mafioso" for me to pick the best football option in the Ooltewah area.

This grand conspiracy you all have created is probably like any rumor: a little bit of truth, a little bit of jealousy, and a whole lot of "nothing positive to say about ourselves."

Success will turn into a bias that'll root itself in places you can't control. I wish the Pounders well, but the Owls aren't winning because of a middle school secretary.

So the problem lies in your administration for allowing such atrocities to occur, according to your response.

I haven't lived here long, but it doesn't take a "mafioso" for me to pick the best football option in the Ooltewah area.

This grand conspiracy you all have created is probably like any rumor: a little bit of truth, a little bit of jealousy, and a whole lot of "nothing positive to say about ourselves."

Success will turn into a bias that'll root itself in places you can't control. I wish the Pounders well, but the Owls aren't winning because of a middle school secretary.

DITTO RICO!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...