CAMPBELL COUNTY @ SOUTH DOYLE

CarolinaCrazy

Your right gov91. CC got the right guys for sure. I think a lot of good coaches are going to start looking at these county schools to go and coach. At a county school like CC you can do things with jobs, staff, pay, bonuses, etc that just can't be done at the large city schools in a county can do.

These county schools that are in the 4a and 5a range can be really good if they get the kids out. IE, AC, Henry county, cheatham county.

But let me say this. It takes an administration that's willing to let coaches coach. 3 years ago the CC administration hired the Price boys and Matt Housley for the basketball team. Until Housley was hired the bball coach would not let his players play both sports. These coaches got together, let their kids know it would not be held against them if they played both sports. It has kinda hurt the bball program some, but I believe success breads success. The administration made sure when they hired thes two coaches they would work together, and basically try and keep every kid from going somewhere else. I don't know when the last time you have been to CC,but the school is like 40 years old and the facilities have gotten face lifts and are really as good as anywhere in East Tennessee. They've spent over 200,000 on the weight rooms and football facilities. They ask the bball coach what was the one thing he'd like to have and he said paint entire gym and redesign the floor, over 55,000 there. There doing a new film room for the boys and girls bball that they can use right in the gym. I can't wait to see it during their thanksgiving tournament.

So it takes a village if you will, oh by the way, the principal is Jamie wheeler and she loves sports so she was a great hire.

I have never been to Campbell County to be honest but I have seen their stadium in pictures and it looks nice. I also saw the video of the principal introducing the price brothers and she did seem to be invested in having a successful program. It's the complete opposite at WB, the coaching pay sucks.... And they always make bad coaching hires and won't give the HC's any flexibility to bring in a good staff... WB could be a very attractive gig if those in charge would pull their heads out of their azzes... WB is by far the biggest school in Blount County and has the talent to compete at a high level every year. But the school board and the administration at WB don't seem to care about having a successful football program.. You would think that they would make it a priority to step up their game when Maryville and Alcoa are right in the backyard but they don't. Maryville and Alcoa are winning state every year and have put in jumotrons and turf fields and we still have the same rinky dink scoreboard we had in the early 2000s and are still doing things that don't work. Heritage is even doing more to improve their program than we are right now and that's just sad. The saddest part is WB has a loyal and passionate fanbase that deserves better.. It's just sad.. End of rant lol Edited by Governors91

i hate to respond to your ignoramus post. But I think for the first time u said"we" in there. Lol. Jerk!

Now the post u made. Isn't that what your supposed to do, beat the teams your better than, and try and steal a game you shouldn't? I mean look at AC schedule. They beat every team they were better than and lost to every team they weren't. ( I don't know a bout the Tennessee game? ), but that equals a successful season in my mind. Same for oak ridge, they've been better than everyone on their schedule and took care of business. That's what your supposed to do idiot. 10-2 and 9-3 last two seasons. Prolly 7-3 or 8-2 next season. I can't believe just because your kid isn't playing you can't teach him to be a team player and buy in to the concept. What your doing will hurt him for the rest of his life. Ever time he doesn't get that promotion at work, he'll blame someone else. Just get used to him living in your house until his 30's.

yeah AVERAGE , Like I said the first two games shouldn't even count. Before you call out a KID and his dad make sure you know who they are next time... now who is the real JERK..

Edited by bigdady

And now as the band plays we are co champions I shall march off the field of message boards. Knowing I am the TRUE CO CHAMPION OF THEM ALL. But never fear   I SHALL RETURN..When my Cougars return so shall BIGDADY....  ALL IN!!! TILL NEXT YEAR BEOCHES

Edited by bigdady

yeah AVERAGE , Like I said the first two games shouldn't even count. Before you call out a KID and his dad make sure you know who they are next time... now who is the real JERK..

First I didn't call out mr. Love day, that's definately not who I thought u were pretending to be. I still stand by my post u are damaging your kid. Unfortunate all the games count, they counted a few years ago when they beat us, and they counted this year when we beat them. Sorry.

Yep. Lots of money lost if nothing else. I kinda see Crazy's point about a cooling off period with all the drama but it will be a shame. At least the other sports won't change.

What about a schedule Space? What have you heard?

I still think it is absurd that this game won't be played. Just makes no sense. The drama is part of the fun. Drama sells.