Trenton Peabody at TCA in Round 2

Intense

I wonder if the cold weather will slow the tempo and make it a ground and pound game for both sides

Good question. It was really cold last year at Aviille in semis and we still had success with passing. We also had success against Mitchell in quarters and it was really cold. You never know though it certainly could. If so, I feel good about our ground and pound with our two backs. Goldsmith is back and can grind out 4 to 5 yards per carry if needed and then Bond can break the long ones around the edges. Peabody would be more of a speed running attack and certainly could be very dangerous if that's all they did!

Good question. It was really cold last year at Aviille in semis and we still had success with passing. We also had success against Mitchell in quarters and it was really cold. You never know though it certainly could. If so, I feel good about our ground and pound with our two backs. Goldsmith is back and can grind out 4 to 5 yards per carry if needed and then Bond can break the long ones around the edges. Peabody would be more of a speed running attack and certainly could be very dangerous if that's all they did!

I'm under the impression that the winner of this game will be headed to aville if we make it they our quad. Watched practice yesterday they are taking each not ignoring the task at hand. We have a good team to play this Friday then we will contend with the next weeks job at hand. Just wandered Intense had anyone tried to jam your receivers this year and play man to man?

I'm under the impression that the winner of this game will be headed to aville if we make it they our quad. Watched practice yesterday they are taking each not ignoring the task at hand. We have a good team to play this Friday then we will contend with the next weeks job at hand. Just wandered Intense had anyone tried to jam your receivers this year and play man to man?

If we win next two games Aville will come to us. We have home field all the way to Cookeville. Yes they have tried to no avail. Our receivers are big, strong and fast but more importantly coached up at a high level. They are trained to shed the DB who is jamming them. One of the receivers participated in the rivals . com and Nike showcase this past Spring and was taught how to beat DB's who jammed them. . When teams try this method it actually makes it easier for us because we would be one on one and our guys run precise routes. Good thought though. We've seen about every method available thrown at us.

Edited by TCAIntense

Luck to the (other) Lions against Peabody...been bummed about playing east of the river in the new region, but coach told me today that the TCA/Scotts Hill rivalry continues for at least two more years...I usually save this for our (SH) gameday, but just for you...LET 'EM HEAR YOUR ROAR !!!

Thanks Trader, we are pulling for you as well! We will be looking for updates on Jackson Suns Twitter.

I have not seen TCA, but QB has gaudy stats, so they doing something right.  However, as Mr. Corso would say, not so fast my friend.  Trenton is fastest team I've seen in two years, if they protect the ball this one goes down to the wire.  No prediction, as it would be guess only as Ive not seen TCA.  Good luck to both Teams for a injury free game.