Springfield @ Hillsboro Playoffs Round 2

HighLife

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will come down to two things, in my opinion. One, who has the fewest turnovers, and two, who will have the most big plays. I know it is basic football but I truly believe this game will come down to that. Both teams are explosive and can score from anywhere. Hillsboro passes the ball I little better, but Springfield may have the better overall running game. I will have to go with the Jackets in a barn burner, 34-28.

I must have seen a different Hillsboro team that the one I hear everyone talking about. I guess you have to give them props for being undefeated, but I really wasn't impressed. No ball control, only big plays. Played lazy at times. Not sold on "team", several good individuals. That will catch up to them at some point.

I must have seen a different Hillsboro team that the one I hear everyone talking about. I guess you have to give them props for being undefeated, but I really wasn't impressed. No ball control, only big plays. Played lazy at times. Not sold on "team", several good individuals. That will catch up to them at some point.

I have not seen them in person, only going by what I have seen on film and wasn't a lot, only a couple of halves of two games. I hope you are correct and that this Friday night is the night it does catch up to them.

I have not seen them in person, only going by what I have seen on film and wasn't a lot, only a couple of halves of two games. I hope you are correct and that this Friday night is the night it does catch up to them.

I believe Springfield shocks everyone with a close win. Control the clock and eliminate their big plays. Short/mid range passing game wasn't very good and I wasn't impressed with their running game, I don't care where which kid committed. It was big play or bust from what I saw and what everyone I talked to has said.

I believe Springfield shocks everyone with a close win. Control the clock and eliminate their big plays. Short/mid range passing game wasn't very good and I wasn't impressed with their running game, I don't care where which kid committed. It was big play or bust from what I saw and what everyone I talked to has said.

For us to win we have to play ball control (99% running the ball), commit few penalties, limit Hillsboro's big plays. keep field position, and play stellar defense.  We need another game like we had against the Big Red.  if we can do all this I like our chances BUT the game will be close.  I say the jackets by 6 in a game that we will talk about for years. If we fail to do these things we could get blown out

If you think all this Eers then you don't know very much. Seeing a team play 1 time isn't the end all.. You couldnt be more wrong on the things you have stated. Well coached and play 110%.. What game did you happen to watch?

Edited by HighLife

If you think all this Eers then you don't know very much. Seeing a team play 1 time isn't the end all.. You couldnt be more wrong on the things you have stated. Well coached and play 110%.. What game did you happen to watch?

Hunter Lane, but talked to several coaches and that's what they saw too. Film on several games... It don't lie. I went into that game thinking they were the team to beat in 5A this year. I left thinking there's no way they can win it.

Hunter Lane, but talked to several coaches and that's what they saw too. Film on several games... It don't lie. I went into that game thinking they were the team to beat in 5A this year. I left thinking there's no way they can win it.

I can see how a team could not be up for Hunters Lane couldn't you? Tough to judge a team off of 1 game. But that's just my opinion

I can see how a team could not be up for Hunters Lane couldn't you? Tough to judge a team off of 1 game. But that's just my opinion

I suppose. I'm just of the opinion that for a team to go 15-0 you better not be down coming into any game. I agree with the judging in one game. I see what you're saying, but film and several coaches telling me the same things I saw makes me think it happens often. I think the 10-0 regular season record is the product of a weak schedule. They're good, but not great IMO.

Edited by eers