Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Just got back home. Game went about as I expected and predicted. Overall except for loss (go ahead score with about 15 seconds to play) and missed opportunities in the game which should have led to two more Rossview scores, it was an enjoyable experience. Good crowds, well behaved. Except for the band, they clearly played throughout every Rossview possession and likely contributed to a missed snap that led to WH only first half score. I am not sure about the rules, at one time I think this would be a penalty on the home team, but apparently not, because they banged on a dozen drums and tubas literally every Rossview possession becoming silent while WH was on offense.

Other than the band, great atmosphere and high school football game and WH has a very good team. 

Edited by Kidover

Just got back home. Game went about as I expected and predicted. Overall except for loss (go ahead score with about 15 seconds to play) and missed opportunities in the game which should have led to two more Rossview scores, it was an enjoyable experience. Good crowds, well behaved. Except for the band, they clearly played throughout every Rossview possession and likely contributed to a missed snap that led to WH only first half score. I am not sure about the rules, at one time I think this would be a penalty on the home team, but apparently not, because they banged on a dozen drums and tubas literally every Rossview possession becoming silent while WH was on offense.

Other than the band, great atmosphere and high school football game and WH has a very good team.

Yeah there's a select group of teams in the state that do this. Most opposing fans consider it classless/disrespectful (I do too), but teams like WH see no wrong in deliberately using their band in that manner. Other than some teams from Metro Memphis and Metro Nashville, you won't see any other football teams in the state, at any level, use their bands the way that they do.....intentionally making noise only when the other team has the ball. Solid teaching IMO.

Regardless, the band won't save them against Ravenwood, and if for some reason they advance, against Maryville or Blackman

This game was close only because of our Penn mistakes. our defense was playing shut down football. We had 3 turnovers, 1 inside the 10yd line. We missed a easy FG. Rossview is a pretty good team but we should have won this game by 3 scores easy. The offense they run was not gone score alot on our defense..no way!! But it is what it is....we don't use our band to make noise people. bands from this area battle in the stands all the time. They just play and to help keep the crowd and the atomosphere live....

This game was close only because of our Penn mistakes. our defense was playing shut down football. We had 3 turnovers, 1 inside the 10yd line. We missed a easy FG. Rossview is a pretty good team but we should have won this game by 3 scores easy. The offense they run was not gone score alot on our defense..no way!! But it is what it is....we don't use our band to make noise people. bands from this area battle in the stands all the time. They just play and to help keep the crowd and the atomosphere live....

There but not use to that our types of bands. Dis10 In nashville is full of them. Some people complained at first but after a while they enjoyed it and got mad when they split everybody up.

I guess the game looks different from the home side stands, Rossview had time run out on WH 1 yard line in first half and missed a FG as well. As was just said earlier, once they have to play an away game, we will see how good a team they are against another mid state or east state team

Edited by Kidover