chattanooga basketball its time!

pouderfan1

i know some of the tyner folks think yall will be down this year but i have seen some of the young talent yall have in aau this summer and with coach harris and watson being the best coaches in  chattanoogan hands down i still think yall will have something to say about that region championship. i do believe region 4 aa tournament will be very exciting this year. just have the feeling.

Just a question (since Central is the favorite): Will any team in 6-AA go undefeated in the District regular season?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question (since Central is the favorite): Will any team in 6-AA go undefeated in the District regular season?

to be honest i believe with the talent and experience who have central shouldn't lose a district game for the next two years. we have two kids graduating this year but ours key guys don't graduate til 2016. but then again it's 17 and 18 kids you never know what they will do or what they are thinking. but i want know the true answer until christmas break. then we can kind of see where everybody's at in the season. 

but i will tell you this for the next two years the basketball team mind set is state or nothing. thats the motto around this team  and the goal that the  class of 2016 is setting for the next two years for them self. 

and besides LA who else in your district do you think maybe will make some noise in district 8aa 

Cannon and Upperman will be pretty good followed by a bunch of average teams really. Someone might step up though and be better than previously though. It's LA's district and region to lose. I'm not sure anyone will be able to touch them.

does anybody have a clue will there be a region or district next year in basketball. since they did realignment this year or is that just for football. all other sports will stay the same. 

All other sports will stay the same from my understanding. There is only 3 classes in all other sports, not counting division two privates and so on.

I still feel that Brainerd should be the team to be in the Chattanooga area with McCallie tailing behind just by a little bit. Brainerd still has Tipton on the team as well as a handful of guys who played for the team last year. They also have some key players that have transferred to Brainerd so Ive heard. Also word around the town is Brainerd is preparing to play two kids that just transferred from Savannah, Ga who can really play. One of the kids is a highly recruited guard in the freshmen class. Best of luck to all the teams in the area though. Should be some great basketball in Chattanooga this year.

Brainerd needs to be investigated for all these recruits they have in from red bank, and ooltewah, not to mention the kids from savanah live in howards zone...please tell me how these kids live in south chattanooga and attend brainerd and they are not a magnet school

Brainerd needs to be investigated for all these recruits they have in from red bank, and ooltewah, not to mention the kids from savanah live in howards zone...please tell me how these kids live in south chattanooga and attend brainerd and they are not a magnet school

well call tssaa and report it they will investigated.

How's 9aa look this year? I seen where some people think Bledsoe will win the district. Personally I think it's one of, if not the weakest AA districts in the state.I cant say I have ever been much impressed with any of their teams in the region tournament. Since the 09-10 season against 8aa, only one 9aa team has advanced past the regional semi-final game. In 11-12, Sequatchie County had the best 9aa team I have seen, and beat my DeKalb Tigers and went on to lose the region championship vs. LA. The last two years we 8aa fans have heard how good Bledsoe was suppose to be, but they have failed to rise to the occasion. Will this year be any different?

Not sure how 9-AA looks but 7-AA kind of seems like a toss up right now......

Oops.....right 7-AA, it was awful early in the morning when I made that post. Who seems to be the early favorite in 7aa in your opinion?

Right now I'm not sure not seen the first game yet..... Going to watch bledsoe play Tuesday against sale creek but won't probably get a good analysis from that game because I don't think sale creek can compete but I'll see..... The schools across the mountain ND and CCS usually have a couple of good players and signal well I'm not sure what they brought back from last year so I would say bledsoe until proven otherwise.