New Regions for AA Metro

OffTheRecord

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A conspiracy theorist might suggest that someone(s) is trying to keep Metro teams out of the playoffs (under the proposed system of top four tems from each region). Note that there are three Metro Schools in a seven team region and two Metro schools in a six team region. Now Hillwood will likely not make any playoffs, regardless of which region it had been placed in. But, had Springfield and Hillwood swapped regions, a Metro school would have been guaranteed a spot coming out of Region 5.

Having said all that, year in a year out either Maplewood or Pearl-Cohn (or both) will likely qualify for the playoffs. And, I think one of the three Metro teams in 3A Region 5 will make it  year in and year out. But the bottom line should be that if a team can't make the post-season under this system they don't really don't deserve to be in it.

Edited by midtnmale

CPA will have another cake wald district as will Pearl-Cohn. Lipscomb will probably be favored in theirs as well. Half the teams in 3A in this should have new coaches. Maybe that will make it more competitive but I doubt it. Goodpasture goes winless and they move up?

I don't know about Pearl-Cohn having a cakewalk. They'll likely be favoured most years, but White House and Springfield usually put out solid teams. And while Maplewood has been down the past two years, they're been a solid team the past several years. The Panthers did make the state championships in 2007 and 2011.

You're right about Pearl Cohn having a tougher road but I still think they will generally be favored to win. There's not many places you could put Hillwood for them to be successful. Maybe they could start playing Whites Creek about 5 times a season to build some momentum. Nobody else in the lower classification will make much noise. Maplewood seems to be drifting off to a place they were before Thompson got them going. Stratford hasn't been good since that Johnson fellow coached them. That was the last time Hillwood was good wasn't it?

Broome has been trying to install the spread offense at Maplewood for the past two years. He might have been better off trying it when he had better running backs in his first two years. The spread works better when there's a running threat. But then again, the Panthers did make the semi-finals and the finals in his first two years. Considering they were playing with a freshman quartback this year I think they may be better next year. 

There's little hope for Hillwood. But Stratford and Whites Creek has usually had the raw talent to be playoff contenders every year. The just need better coaching.

Edited by midtnmale

You're right about Pearl Cohn having a tougher road but I still think they will generally be favored to win. There's not many places you could put Hillwood for them to be successful. Maybe they could start playing Whites Creek about 5 times a season to build some momentum. Nobody else in the lower classification will make much noise. Maplewood seems to be drifting off to a place they were before Thompson got them going. Stratford hasn't been good since that Johnson fellow coached them. That was the last time Hillwood was good wasn't it?

I'm not really sure why everyone acts like pearl Cohn is some unbeatable power house that wins state every year. They have a good program and they've been pretty good the over the years, but they haven't been as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. I expect the new district they're in to be very competitive, especially if maple wood comes back around.

I'm not really sure why everyone acts like pearl Cohn is some unbeatable power house that wins state every year. They have a good program and they've been pretty good the over the years, but they haven't been as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. I expect the new district they're in to be very competitive, especially if maple wood comes back around.

Who ever said we're unbeatable? But we must be doing something right cause u hating. People was just saying that pearl would be one of the teams if not the team to win this district. Plus u goin off to many want if for me! So chill guy we don't care bout next year right now got spring hill coming Fri.

Who ever said we're unbeatable? But we must be doing something right cause u hating. People was just saying that pearl would be one of the teams if not the team to win this district. Plus u goin off to many want if for me! So chill guy we don't care bout next year right now got spring hill coming Fri.

Hating? I said yall were a good team and had a good program. To many what if's? I said if maple wood comes back around the district will be even more competitive, that's one if. He said pearl would have a cake walk through the new district, which means he thinks pearl wouldn't have any competition. I just don't think that will be the case.

Hating? I said yall were a good team and had a good program. To many what if's? I said if maple wood comes back around the district will be even more competitive, that's one if. He said pearl would have a cake walk through the new district, which means he thinks pearl wouldn't have any competition. I just don't think that will be the case.

They will win that district next year.