Riverdale (9-2) @ Blackman (10-1)

oldfan41

I think Blackman wins this game, but I think Riverdale puts up a good fight. Riverdale has been improving throughout the season. Riverdale's #1 WR is a good matchup against Blackman's secondary. He will open the field up for the other receivers. Riverdale's QB will scramble (and he'll need to) in order to make some plays. Blackman's offense should put up 30-45 points again. I'm looking forward to watching this game on a cold Friday night.

Blackman 42 Riverdale 28

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale has improved every week, this will be a dog fight. Blackman will have to have better tackling and good pursuit to the ball this week. They have made good adjustments in their personnel to cover the middle and deep ball. They will need to do a good job of containing the ends on runs and getting off the blocks. I have it Blackman 35 Riverdale 28... Come on Blaze!!!!

Real truth is Blackman's still ahead above the rest. Riverdale has had a great season and is in the top ten in the state, but the reality is Blackman just has too many studs! Put the Warriors on the other side of the brackets they could possibly go all the way through to Cookeville. My pick:

Blackman  42   Riverdale  7

Have a great game and no injuries!

Oh yes they did.

Regular season: Riverdale won 28-0

Playoffs: Riverdale won 27-16

Regular season: Riverdale won 45-6

Playoffs: Riverdale won 17-13

Riverdale won 44-7

Riverdale won 56-6

Riverdale won 63-0

Rankin is 7-0 all time against the Blaze.

Your only partically right. The first two years, yes when Blackman was a new expansion school with no program and starting in  2004 Rankin was at Alcoa. Blackman didnt come into play until Shadowens took over and built there program.

Edited by warrior82dad

Your only partically right. The first two years, yes when Blackman was a new expansion school with no program and starting in 2004 Rankin was at Alcoa. Blackman didnt come into play until Shadowens took over and built there program.

Rankin didn't leave Riverdale until after the 2005 season, starting at Alcoa in 2006, so yes he is 7-0 against them.

Certainly not the same Blaze as there is now though.

Real truth is Blackman's still ahead above the rest. Riverdale has had a great season and is in the top ten in the state, but the reality is Blackman just has too many studs! Put the Warriors on the other side of the brackets they could possibly go all the way through to Cookeville. My pick:

Blackman  42   Riverdale  7

Have a great game and no injuries!

LOL , Never too early to brag about how superior 7AAA is I guess 

BTW , Go Riverdale !!  :mrgreen:

Edited by pepvol