Anderson County Mavericks in 2015

MavMaximus

It is strange being over here, going to miss the chatter over at 5A, but im sure there are some good posters with our new opponents. Looking forward to seeing what the new schedule looks like when they get everything finalized

M4L, we are missing you on the boards! There is a request for your analytical breakdown of the 5A championship game. Admittedly I'd like to see it too, lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-21 - Greenville (Away)

8-28 - Heritage (Home)

9-4 - Fulton (Away)

9-11 - Oak Ridge (Home)

9-18 - Union County (Home)

9-25 - Clinton (Away)

10-2 - Catholic (Home)

10-9 - Open

10-16 - Central (Home)

10-23 - Carter (Away)

10-30 - Morristown East (Away)

Thats a pretty tough schedule, didnt expect anything less

8-21 - Greenville (Away)

8-28 - Heritage (Home)

9-4 - Fulton (Away)

9-11 - Oak Ridge (Home)

9-18 - Union County (Home)

9-25 - Clinton (Away)

10-2 - Catholic (Home)

10-9 - Open

10-16 - Central (Home)

10-23 - Carter (Away)

10-30 - Morristown East (Away)

Thats a pretty tough schedule, didnt expect anything less

A very tough schedule.

Yea, but if AC can work on building depth and can stay healthy it should prepare us for the post season, maybe not for the immidiate future but in another year or two you never know what kind of a program you will be after enduring that kind of competition if you are able to do it and be competitive you could really strengthen the core of your team.

Maybe Campbell County just isnt as relevant as they would like to make out to be, I find it funny that a team that has continually lost to AC and just had back to back seasons where they had their best teams in school history but still couldnt find a way to beat the Mavs in either o those seasons and will be rebuilding this upcoming season as they have lost 80% of their fire power off of those teams still seems to think that AC is dodging them. The schedule that AC will be playing this upcoming season has at least 4 teams on it that will be tougher opponents than what CC has been the past 2 years, AC continually schedules teams that are very good an has for years to try to get better, maybe they just didnt think CC falls in that catagory. Now over the pas few seasons I have been one of the few AC fans that has not only thought this stupid little pissing contest between CC and AC is childish, but I have also expressed that I support CC and am glad they have gotten better, but the claims that AC is for some reason avoiding them is just plain stupid, why in the world would a team that continually plays and schedules state contenders be afraid of CC? Just putting yourself on a pedestal and to me that is pretty crazy when you are 0-ever vs the Mavs in the Gillum/Price erra and just came off a season where AC not only beat CC, but whipped them pretty good in the second half to finish a 28-0 run

Maybe Campbell County just isnt as relevant as they would like to make out to be, I find it funny that a team that has continually lost to AC and just had back to back seasons where they had their best teams in school history but still couldnt find a way to beat the Mavs in either o those seasons and will be rebuilding this upcoming season as they have lost 80% of their fire power off of those teams still seems to think that AC is dodging them. The schedule that AC will be playing this upcoming season has at least 4 teams on it that will be tougher opponents than what CC has been the past 2 years, AC continually schedules teams that are very good an has for years to try to get better, maybe they just didnt think CC falls in that catagory. Now over the pas few seasons I have been one of the few AC fans that has not only thought this stupid little pissing contest between CC and AC is childish, but I have also expressed that I support CC and am glad they have gotten better, but the claims that AC is for some reason avoiding them is just plain stupid, why in the world would a team that continually plays and schedules state contenders be afraid of CC? Just putting yourself on a pedestal and to me that is pretty crazy when you are 0-ever vs the Mavs in the Gillum/Price erra and just came off a season where AC not only beat CC, but whipped them pretty good in the second half to finish a 28-0 run

Your totally wrong AC is totally avoiding CC. I talked to coach price and he tried multiple times to keep them on the schedule. Why would you travel all the way to Greeneville or Morristown to play a game where you could play CC and make a very good gate. I bet Gilliam fear losing to CC. There NO excuse for it

Ha, so you are questioning why AC would want to schedule a team that over the last 5 years  has gone 60-9 (14-3 in post season) and won 2 state titles over playing CC?  Maybe you should ask yourself that same question and throw out the money factor.  AC is now having to compete with the likes of Fulton and Catholic In their district so they picked up non district games with teams that will help them get better over the coarse of the year, I am sorry you are sour about that but it is what it is, maybe we would have lost, I don't know, but then again all I heard going into this season was how we were going to get beat because AC was down and CC was up and how exactly did that work out?  Like I said before, maybe CC just isn't as relevant as they like to think, I mean 2 of the non district opponents we picked up have a 5 year combined record of 107-25 and a playoff record of 22-8, I am sure there may be many reasons that AC did not play CC but I can assure you being afraid of losing to them was not it