3a region 4 2015

SC's varsity ran two possessions on offense and defense from the 40 yard line in against TC and Tullahoma and 3 against White Co. SC's last 3 plays of offense were 3 40 yard tds. SC is as talented as I've seen the Big Owl bunch at the skill positions on both sides of the ball. They ought to have a bad taste in their mouth after the way they finished the season.

Edited by bigreid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC's varsity ran two possessions on offense and defense from the 40 yard line in against TC and Tullahoma and 3 against White Co. SC's last 3 plays of offense were 3 40 yard tds. SC is as talented as I've seen the Big Owl bunch at the skill positions on both sides of the ball. They ought to have a bad taste in their mouth after the way they finished the season.

I agree Smith should be hungry for a turn around type season. To much history and community pride in this program to have lost the way they did at the end of 2014. Various sources also tell me TC is struggling, but Tullahoma is suppose to be very good. Sounds like a very good showing for the Owls..........So where is Antwan hiding?

I am losing faith he will return, How do you see Smith-Macon game going?

There really hasn't been anything to talk about. I don't put much stock in preseason scrimmages. I don't post just to post useless jibberish.

Prayers for the Macon player that went to the hospital with hyperthermia. It is so dangerous this time of year.

Edited by Antwan

There really hasn't been anything to talk about. I don't put much stock in preseason scrimmages. I don't post just to post useless jibberish.

Prayers for the Macon player that went to the hospital with hyperthermia. It is so dangerous this time of year.

Monday's practice? I hope its not serious....prayers to his family and teamates

Smith County should be much improved this year. They have a lot of talent and most of it is young. Their line will be a toss up as stated but they got a good group of big guys as frosh. Hearing their Defense will be the strong point this year. Don't think it has been a big secret that talent level has been down here for the last 2-3 years. If SC can hang on about 2 yrs when this Soph class is Sr's they should be loaded back up with talent. This years 8th grade class is about as loaded a class that has come up in a while. And a side note for the far future the 5th grade class has more athletes in it than the 8th.

Hear kid had to go to Vanderbuilt. Not know how serious yet, but enough to go to Vandy. Hate to hear that. Had symptoms after practice, not during. Coaches need to really watch the kids over the next mounth and make sure they get water at least ever 20 minutes at a minimum. Pray all goes well.

People often think hyperthermia is a winter time thing when your cold. The truth is more people die from hyperthermia in the summer than any other season.

Contrary to popular belief, the air temperature does not have to be below freezing for hypothermia to occur. Hypothermia strikes anytime weather conditions, including rain, or water temperatures lower a person’s core body temperature below 95° F. Because people are less likely to be prepared for cold conditions during warmer months, summertime exposure to the cold is more likely to turn into a deadly situation. Most cases of hypothermia, during any season, occur when people are working or playing outdoors."

Prayers to the player and his family. 

According to an article on WJLE, DeKalb County's total student enrollment is down this year. As of Monday morning we had 2,909 students in our entire school system, and 849 students at the High School. The last time the TSSAA done enrollment figures they had DCHS at 803. I believe this was last done in October of 2014. 

According to an article on WJLE, DeKalb County's total student enrollment is down this year. As of Monday morning we had 2,909 students in our entire school system, and 849 students at the High School. The last time the TSSAA done enrollment figures they had DCHS at 803. I believe this was last done in October of 2014.

I hear UH is 780 and climbing. I will say in a few years....UH and DC bump to 4a and join Macon, LA,Crossville, and Stone Mem to form a district.

I hear UH is 780 and climbing. I will say in a few years....UH and DC bump to 4a and join Macon, LA,Crossville, and Stone Mem to form a district.

What's the bottom number for 4a as it stands now? Putnam County is growing, but DeKalb County isn't. Our middle school seems to be losing students every year. Unless the number to join 4a is adjusted, I'm not sure if DC will reach it when they reexamine it all and reclassify teams. To be honest, DC would probably do better in 3a than 4a anyways. Would you rather be one of the largest 3a schools, or one of the smallest 4a schools, ya know?

Edited by DCTIGERFAN