Wk 3 of the Playoffs: Rhea County at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

Rhea ran flat over Ooltewah. Period. Did Ooltewah's QB have an off game? Yes. 

Rhea is essentially one dimensional with their old school, smash mouth Wing T. It's like someone else said a few pages back: we have five or so plays and they work. We're not fancy with the reverses, long passes, or anything like that. We just have multiple running backs that can get the job done. York can pound out the short distances with his size, but he can also move a decent pace for his size. Bice has speed and if he gets open field, it's over. Daoust doesn't care. Up the middle or around the end, he would rather run over you than around you. He's not big and he has one fast set of wheels. Two other boys, Smith and Stephenson, fill in when either of the wings (Daoust/Bice) or back (York) need a break. They, too, shouldn't be overlooked.

On to Rhea's defense… Yes, we only rushed three linemen most of the night against Ooltewah. This isn't a surprise to anyone who has seen us play all year. It was mighty entertaining to see three linemen still have the skills to pressure a supposed All-World, Big Boy Football QB all night long. Our secondary is the weak link to our team. This, too, is no surprise. Soddy threw on us early in the year. Ooltewah could very well be playing Oak Ridge if they had a decent air attack a couple nights ago. However, our boys still got it done. 

Botton line: Rhea is nothing flashy. I believe we're back to our 80s way of playing. Wing-T all the way and our defense has kept us in the game all year long.

I will say that it's sad to hear about the OR receiver being hurt. I had heard so much good stuff about him. I wish him a speedy recovery. I hear he is even better on the basketball court; so hopefully this injury doesn't hinder him too long on the hardwood.

Rhea ran flat over Ooltewah. Period. Did Ooltewah's QB have an off game? Yes. 

Rhea is essentially one dimensional with their old school, smash mouth Wing T. It's like someone else said a few pages back: we have five or so plays and they work. We're not fancy with the reverses, long passes, or anything like that. We just have multiple running backs that can get the job done. York can pound out the short distances with his size, but he can also move a decent pace for his size. Bice has speed and if he gets open field, it's over. Daoust doesn't care. Up thPle middle or around the end, he would rather run over you than around you. He's not big and he has one fast set of wheels. Two other boys, Smith and Stephenson, fill in when either of the wings (Daoust/Bice) or back (York) need a break. They, too, shouldn't be overlooked.

On to Rhea's defense… Yes, we only rushed three linemen most of the night against Ooltewah. This

isn't a surprise to anyone who has seen us play all year. It was mighty entertaining to see three linemen still have the skills to pressure a supposed All-World, Big Boy Football QB all night long. Our secondary is the weak link to our team. This, too, is no surprise. Soddy threw on us early in the year. Ooltewah could very well be playing Oak Ridge if they had a decent air attack a couple nights ago. However, our boys still got it done. 

Botton line: Rhea is nothing flashy. I believe we're back to our 80s way of playing. Wing-T all the way and our defense has kept us in the game all year long.

I will say that it's sad to hear about the OR receiver being hurt. I had heard so much good stuff about him. I wish him a speedy recovery. I hear he is even better on the basketball court; so hopefully this injury doesn't hinder him too long on the hardwood.

SIR YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. OUR QB HAD AN OFF NIGHT . DIDN'T SEE DOUST RUN OVER ANY BODY. THE QB HAD AMPLE TIME TO THROW THE BALL BUT MISSED OPEN RECEIVERS. WE MADE RHEA LOOK GOOD. ENJOY

Rhea's game against Ooltewah was impressive but then I look at their scores from the rest of their games this year and I am not impressed. Granted our schedule and scores aren't that impressive either, so I don't know if it is Rhea is just that good or the stars just aligned for them perfectly Friday and it was just a perfect storm type of thing because none of their scores have been what I would call real impressive until Friday night. I guess we will see. May the best team win.

Edited by SweetScience

SIR YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. OUR QB HAD AN OFF NIGHT . DIDN'T SEE DOUST RUN OVER ANY BODY. THE QB HAD AMPLE TIME TO THROW THE BALL BUT MISSED OPEN RECEIVERS. WE MADE RHEA LOOK GOOD. ENJOY

I believe it, as a matter of fact I don't think Passive or any of his defense saw Doust at all until he hit the secondary on a couple of plays, several of them were busy chasing ghosts instead of the ball.....just saying.

• Upvote 1