Wk 3 of the Playoffs: Rhea County at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

I just graduated in 2010. Played 4 years for the Eagles and my brother is #68 junior nose tackle so I'm certainly biased when it comes to whoever Rhea is playing.

Heard that. Born and raised an OR die-hard. When I was growing up the OR guys were larger than life. They looked like giants to me back then. Now I see them and although they're some big ol boys still I kinda giggle to myself because they have those little baby faces, but when I was young they looked like grizzled bikers to me lol Funny how you perceive things as a small child.

SS,

I'm just not convinced that Rhea is all that great yet. They played an extremely light schedule and didn't really beat any good teams. Granted, the win over Ooltewah was impressive but from the sounds of it Ooltewah was having one of those nights. Not to take anything away from Rhea, just saying that can happen to the best of teams. Rhea will come into this game riding high after that big win and OR will come in after an off game against Cleveland. I think OR will be more focused and that will be the difference in the game.

Yea I remember walking in as a freshman to the weight room watching those older guys lift and was like crap. I don't know if I can compete.

Yea Rhea played the schedule that was put in front of them. I will point out that they didn't play down to level the other team was playing. I believe at this point records and regular season schedules can basicly be tossed out and you have to look at who has the hot hand.

SS,

I'm just not convinced that Rhea is all that great yet. They played an extremely light schedule and didn't really beat any good teams. Granted, the win over Ooltewah was impressive but from the sounds of it Ooltewah was having one of those nights. Not to take anything away from Rhea, just saying that can happen to the best of teams. Rhea will come into this game riding high after that big win and OR will come in after an off game against Cleveland. I think OR will be more focused and that will be the difference in the game.

Those are some good points. I guess we will see. Ooltewah definitely didn't do themselves any favors in the highlight clips I watched. Their QB made some horrible throws, which gave Rhea a short field quite a few times. When things like that just snowball on you it is human nature to tend to just throw your hands in the air and quite literally say F it if you know what I mean lol. Definitely wasn't their night, but like you said Rhea deserves credit too. Some of those throws were just absurd though and it looked to me like Ooltewah was just way too one dimensional, so Rhea could just bring the house on every play and drop everyone else back because obviously they weren't going to run it on Rhea, especially after they got dwn a few scores they just packed the run game in. When a team becomes one dimensinal like that the rest is cake s to say.

It will also come down to gameplan and I think weather will be a factor again. I just checked it and they call for freezing temps and possibly light snow. Cleveland was a tough team to get cause they really came to life late in the season. So I'm pumped for Friday and can't wait to see a competitive game between 2 quality teams.

It will also come down to gameplan and I think weather will be a factor again. I just checked it and they call for freezing temps and possibly light snow. Cleveland was a tough team to get cause they really came to life late in the season. So I'm pumped for Friday and can't wait to see a competitive game between 2 quality teams.

Amen man. If you're still in it you're a good team. No cupcakes this time of year.

Well i'm mostly picking against Rhea because their lack of success in recent years. When you have been down those big wins can go to your head and it can cause you to come out flat. Just look at WB in '07.. Going into that Bearden game they had won 4 or 5 games in a row easily and were heavily favored to beat bearden and came out flat and got murdered. It's hard to come out and play at a high level after cruising to victory like Rhea did last week. And you can bet OR will be focused and play better than they did against cleveland. These are the reasons I think OR wins.

Well i'm mostly picking against Rhea because their lack of success in recent years. When you have been down those big wins can go to your head and it can cause you to come out flat. Just look at WB in '07.. Going into that Bearden game they had won 4 or 5 games in a row easily and were heavily favored to beat bearden and came out flat and got murdered. It's hard to come out and play at a high level after cruising to victory like Rhea did last week. And you can bet OR will be focused and play better than they did against cleveland. These are the reasons I think OR wins.

Hope you're right. You bring up valid points. I guess we will see. I will say one thing I think they get a much better game than they did last week. Can pretty much guarantee that. Doesn't mean we will win, but it won't be no cakewalk.

East Hamilton seating is terrible. Played there in the 1st round last year. Last time Rhea played here was in '94 I do believe. Their record wasn't that great but they were a tough out. Their RB had to be at least 230 and was hard as H to bring down.

That RB your talking about in 94 had to be Josh Harris he played fullback and linebacker and was a very good ball player (state champion wrestler as well). Rhea also played and lost badly in 96 at Blankenship Field. Oak Ridge was loaded that year and won 49-7(I think that was the score), that's when they had Shaun Bohannon. He was one fast cat!

GO EAGLES!

That RB your talking about in 94 had to be Josh Harris he played fullback and linebacker and was a very good ball player (state champion wrestler as well). Rhea also played and lost badly in 96 at Blankenship Field. Oak Ridge was loaded that year and won 49-7(I think that was the score), that's when they had Shaun Bohannon. He was one fast cat!

GO EAGLES!

Yes!!!! That was him. He was one tough hombre. Yep those guys I grew up with. We were in the same class.