Copper Basin @ Monterey QUARTERFINALS

BasinAlum

I posted this in the CF/GB thread and wanted to post it here as well. Well boys it officially game day. Congrats to all the players, coaches, communities and fans involved. It's a great honor to be where you all are and both teams deserve to be there. Support those dang kids win or lose. Because at the end of the day dangit, it's about the kids and not us old has beens bickering back and forth. Good luck to both teams and here's to player and fan safety during travel and the game.

If I aint said it in a while.  GO COUGARS!! Is it cannibalistic for a Cougar to eat a Wildcat?  I hope the Cougars come down out of the mountains and unleash a pounding on the Wildcats.  We got one of them Wildcat infestations back home in Polk County already. We're proud of you boys, now go get em.  Talk about a cat fight!  WOOO LETS GO RED! WOOO

Don't know if I will get to post again today so  I want to say this before the game tonight.  I am proud of these boys.  I appreciate the effort they have given this season.  I am as nervous as a cat with two tails in a room full of rocking chairs too. I may have to eat crow, but it wont be the first time, and besides its packed with protein and believe it or not, it tastes nothing like chicken.  The thing about football at Basin is its not about having the best equipment, cause we don't.  Its not about fancy locker rooms or an exquisite field house.  We have not ever been given those kinds of things.  Its about heart.  Its always been about heart.  We stand together as a team, individuals united under one cause, each other  These boys get that.  They don't quit. The community is proud of them and you can hear the talk around town. No we aint got the best that money can buy, and most people look down their nose at the boys from the mountains, but its good to see we still like to play smashmouth football. So look down your nose while lying on your back, and if you beat us, well by George youll remember the punishment it took to do it. Shoot Im fired up now! Cant wait till tonight!

Don't know if I will get to post again today so  I want to say this before the game tonight.  I am proud of these boys.  I appreciate the effort they have given this season.  I am as nervous as a cat with two tails in a room full of rocking chairs too. I may have to eat crow, but it wont be the first time, and besides its packed with protein and believe it or not, it tastes nothing like chicken.  The thing about football at Basin is its not about having the best equipment, cause we don't.  Its not about fancy locker rooms or an exquisite field house.  We have not ever been given those kinds of things.  Its about heart.  Its always been about heart.  We stand together as a team, individuals united under one cause, each other  These boys get that.  They don't quit. The community is proud of them and you can hear the talk around town. No we aint got the best that money can buy, and most people look down their nose at the boys from the mountains, but its good to see we still like to play smashmouth football. So look down your nose while lying on your back, and if you beat us, well by George youll remember the punishment it took to do it. Shoot Im fired up now! Cant wait till tonight!

Good Post, sounds sorta like Monterey. In Putnam County they are considered the "people from the Mountain." I will guarantee you this, CB may not have much but they got more than Monterey. Those boys have had to fight through it all no field, no school, no locker room, and they just keep the course. Sounds like tonight will be a great game between two deserving teams that will battle the whole game and not give up. Go Wildcats!! 

Good Post, sounds sorta like Monterey. In Putnam County they are considered the "people from the Mountain." I will guarantee you this, CB may not have much but they got more than Monterey. Those boys have had to fight through it all no field, no school, no locker room, and they just keep the course. Sounds like tonight will be a great game between two deserving teams that will battle the whole game and not give up. Go Wildcats!!

It's great to see two small towns make it this far. Actually all of the east left is from small towns. All public schools too. Not sure about west

Yes sounds like both teams are very deserving! Nothing better than small town Friday night football.