Copper Basin @ Monterey QUARTERFINALS

BasinAlum

To start I'm not trying to pick a fight, just stating facts. I just watched the play on huddle. It was actually 3rd and 5 from the 20 and I don't know the time on the clock, couldn't see it. If it had been 1st or 2nd down I could see where you're coming from but it was 3rd down. We had ran the hb pass once before so we didn't just pull it out. Would it have been better to have thrown it more conventionally? And believe me, we understand about remembering shots, we've been taking them for years! We've been on the wrong side of running up the score forever!

Re read my post. I didn't make it real clear what I was trying to say, but I was saying that it was first down and they ran it a couple more times and then they did it.

Did Basin play coalfield this year!!

Yeah we was up big at the half and lost 34-32. You guys have more heart and a lot more physicality than they do. The only thing that should concern to is they have a little bit of a passing game. A real good Qb that will scramble if the pass isn't open. That's what Hirt is in the 2nd half. They also have a good RB but he shouldn't concern you boys. If you come out and hit him like you did us he will probably not be a factor. However, if you let him tip toe around all night he will burn you Edited by Basin2010

Yeah we was up big at the half and lost 34-32. You guys have more heart and a lot more physicality than they do. The only thing that should concern to is they have a little bit of a passing game. A real good Qb that will scramble if the pass isn't open. That's what Hirt is in the 2nd half. They also have a good RB but he shouldn't concern you boys. If you come out and hit him like you did us he will probably not be a factor. However, if you let him tip toe around all night he will burn you

Thanks for the input!! Big year for our boys would love to see them make it but what they have done already is more than any Monterey team has done in history!!! West is strong as usual but a good game this week would blow our little towns pride up!!!

Thanks for the input!! Big year for our boys would love to see them make it but what they have done already is more than any Monterey team has done in history!!! West is strong as usual but a good game this week would blow our little towns pride up!!!

I'm cheering for you guys. Your boys was nothing but class and that is to be commended. I will be rooting for you boys from Copper Basin. And if you do happen to make it to the finals you can bet I'll be cheering you boys on against th already "claimed" champion UC. Heck may even buy a Monterey hat lol

I'm cheering for you guys. Your boys was nothing but class and that is to be commended. I will be rooting for you boys from Copper Basin. And if you do happen to make it to the finals you can bet I'll be cheering you boys on against th already "claimed" champion UC. Heck may even buy a Monterey hat lol

lol Good luck on the hat they been sold out for 7 weeks lol still waiting on my 10 lol it was great to play you guys and play a team we have never played!!! We only lose 4 players this year so maybe we will meet again in the years to come at tn tech!?!?!?

To start I'm not trying to pick a fight, just stating facts. I just watched the play on huddle. It was actually 3rd and 5 from the 20 and I don't know the time on the clock, couldn't see it. If it had been 1st or 2nd down I could see where you're coming from but it was 3rd down. We had ran the hb pass once before so we didn't just pull it out. Would it have been better to have thrown it more conventionally? And believe me, we understand about remembering shots, we've been taking them for years! We've been on the wrong side of running up the score forever!

It was 3rd and 14 on the 19 yard line with 3:20 left on the clock up 21-8 following a safety given up by Basin. I feel like it was our job to stop you like we did most of first half, but we didn't. The fact of the matter is we didn't move the ball.  Defense played great for two quarters and kept us in the game until midway through the third.  We weren't really out of it until we gave up the safety.  Good luck to Monterey and hope you beat Coalfield.