Copper Basin @ Monterey QUARTERFINALS

BasinAlum

I hardly believe 28-8 is running up the score. Honestly at that point it was 21-8 so another score to seal the game was needed.

I didn't say it was running up the score. I said "If". I wasn't at the game, and I could barely tell what the poster was talking about a pitch pass. But, I've seen some things out of Monterey and their coach this year that were immature from a football standpoint.

I didn't say it was running up the score. I said "If". I wasn't at the game, and I could barely tell what the poster was talking about a pitch pass. But, I've seen some things out of Monterey and their coach this year that were immature from a football standpoint.

He was talking about a halfback pass, because from the stands it looked like CB was loading the box and bringing everyone to stop the run so they let the RB suck everyone in and throw it. Looked like a good call to me to seal the game. What type of immature things are you talking about? Cause I remember them pulling there starters on you guys at the beginning of the 4th quarter when they could have kept scoring. Their coach is not young and has experience in some big games before so I don't think you could call him or the team immature. I was just curious as to what you are talking about.

Are you referring to the gatorade bath that the Monterey players gave their coach after beating the crap out of Gordonsville in the game I believe you referred to as "Monterey's super bowl?" Don't flatter youself croz. That celebration shower was for a first year head coach getting his first career win. It wouldn't have mattered who they beat; that celebration was well deserved and very appropriate. The fact that it was Gordonsville did make it just a little sweeter; but despite what you think, Monterey football has much bigger aspirations than simply beating your precious tigers. The fact is you know nothing about this Monterey football team and what they have been through. They have earned the right to celebrate every chance they get. I doubt there is another team in the state that has had to deal with as much adversity as this team has faced. They will continue to strive and compete and do their best to keep winning no matter the opponent, no matter the odds , and certainly no matter the ignorant opinions of people like yourself. I am a proud supporter of  the MONTEREY WILDCATS, 2014 TSSAA CLASS A SEMI-FINALIST............. 

He was talking about a halfback pass, because from the stands it looked like CB was loading the box and bringing everyone to stop the run so they let the RB suck everyone in and throw it. Looked like a good call to me to seal the game. What type of immature things are you talking about? Cause I remember them pulling there starters on you guys at the beginning of the 4th quarter when they could have kept scoring. Their coach is not young and has experience in some big games before so I don't think you could call him or the team immature. I was just curious as to what you are talking about.

Like I said, I wasn't there and it was hard for me to gather exactly what the CB fan was talking about.

If what you're saying is the case, then I would've probably done the same thing.

As far as their game against Gordonsville, I had no problem with when he pulled the starters.

For me, it was a lot of his mannerisms and actions on the sidelines. It almost seemed like he was strutting at times.

Now, granted, that's coming from an opposing fans perception that was getting their butts handed too them.

Outside of that, I've not seen anything else, and that stuff may have changed since then.

When a coach gets more accustomed to winning, he changes some.

I'm just trying to give my perspective, right or wrong.

I could be wrong, but that was my viewpoint. Take it for what it's worth.

Are you referring to the gatorade bath that the Monterey players gave their coach after beating the crap out of Gordonsville in the game I believe you referred to as "Monterey's super bowl?" Don't flatter youself croz. That celebration shower was for a first year head coach getting his first career win. It wouldn't have mattered who they beat; that celebration was well deserved and very appropriate. The fact that it was Gordonsville did make it just a little sweeter; but despite what you think, Monterey football has much bigger aspirations than simply beating your precious tigers. The fact is you know nothing about this Monterey football team and what they have been through. They have earned the right to celebrate every chance they get. I doubt there is another team in the state that has had to deal with as much adversity as this team has faced. They will continue to strive and compete and do their best to keep winning no matter the opponent, no matter the odds , and certainly no matter the ignorant opinions of people like yourself. I am a proud supporter of  the MONTEREY WILDCATS, 2014 TSSAA CLASS A SEMI-FINALIST............. 

Don't act like I know nothing about this Monterey team.

If you look back, I gave them more credit than anyone, especially when they played Midway.

Think about it, if you saw an opposing team give a Gatorade bath early in the season, you would be skeptical like I was.

I've not at anytime discounted what Monterey has accomplished, and I never took anything away from Monterey spanking us.

It happens every 10 years or so.

Look I've seen these Monterey players play since some were starting as freshmen and sophomores.

I knew they were athletes, and I think they can beat Coalfield.

It's just that some things I saw when we played seemed odd.

Don't flatter yourself, I don't have it out for Monterey, and I know as much or more about them than anyone outside of Monterey.

I know they've been a doormat for many teams for many years.

Believe it or not, I hope that changes, and it may have.

But, don't believe that my feelings were hurt that bad by losing to you guys.

Many teams beat the snot out of us this year, it happens.

Believe me, I hope you guys win and beat either UC or NCS.

I can certainly see where you could be coming from; however it has been a long......long time since Mont. has had a really good season. Sometimes when you haven't "been there" it's OK to act like you haven't been there. Heck they didn't even had a home (or even a school) for a while. Live it up boys you disserve to be proud.

I'm rooting for Monterey to keep winning, but I agree. A couple things that were done in the Jackson Co game kinda seemed unnecessary. Won't get into detail, but the Monterey coach needs to learn how to win with class.

I have no intentions on taking anything away from Monterey with this post. You guys earned to be where you are. I just want to shed light in the situation in which some basin fans are saying wasn't classy. You guys have the ball 1st or 2nd down with about 2.5 to three minutes left. We have 0 timeouts at this point and your up by two Tds. It seems like running out the clock was the obvious of what was about to happen. Then y'all ran it a few more times to get the clock on down, and then pull out the halfback pass.... That is all we was saying that considering the situation it was unnecessary. Once again I'm not taking anything away, but coaches remember that and in Single A no one is on top forever. So don't be mad when teams rember those shots in the years your down

I have no intentions on taking anything away from Monterey with this post. You guys earned to be where you are. I just want to shed light in the situation in which some basin fans are saying wasn't classy. You guys have the ball 1st or 2nd down with about 2.5 to three minutes left. We have 0 timeouts at this point and your up by two Tds. It seems like running out the clock was the obvious of what was about to happen. Then y'all ran it a few more times to get the clock on down, and then pull out the halfback pass.... That is all we was saying that considering the situation it was unnecessary. Once again I'm not taking anything away, but coaches remember that and in Single A no one is on top forever. So don't be mad when teams rember those shots in the years your down

To start I'm not trying to pick a fight, just stating facts. I just watched the play on huddle. It was actually 3rd and 5 from the 20 and I don't know the time on the clock, couldn't see it. If it had been 1st or 2nd down I could see where you're coming from but it was 3rd down. We had ran the hb pass once before so we didn't just pull it out. Would it have been better to have thrown it more conventionally? And believe me, we understand about remembering shots, we've been taking them for years! We've been on the wrong side of running up the score forever!