Mt Pleasant vs Adamsville quarter finals

Redrage1990

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying they are mediocre, I'm saying they would struggle vs legit 3a and 4a schools. Chester county and Hardin county are not that good at all, they are mediocre.

MP has had one (1) team in the past 3 decades that could hang with this level of play. Whether if they were 1A or 2A classed.... The 2004 Tigers on Project a Matchup would probably beat this Adamsville bunch.

And it only give it to them by 1 point. 31-30.

That's one (1) team in 30 years. Maybe even longer than that.

MP has no business playing at this level. Unless They were allowed open enrollment to attract more talent.

MP draws proly from no more than a populace of 7-8,000 even with surrounding communities in that zip code area. The town itself is around 4,500 to 4,800 population.

This last election cycle the city commission was decided with 1,500 votes estimated.

Had less than 30 kids suit up this year.

I said they could "compete"... maybe not Win it all, but they are above the 2A ball I've witnessed. I agree I might have stretched it in saying 4A.

This Card team would give Spring Hill and Giles Co. all they cared to have. The Cards could easily compete on a 3A level.

You were right on line Bigby...ask Hardin Co., who Adamsville beat (5A Hardin Co. who gave Ridgeway a decent game). There's a few 3A (Alcoa) 4A (Fulton) teams that the 'Cards couldn't play with...most of them would have their hands full. I meant no disrespect to Mt. Pleasant with my opinion of how the game would go, just that Adamsville is on another level...agree?

MP has had one (1) team in the past 3 decades that could hang with this level of play. Whether if they were 1A or 2A classed.... The 2004 Tigers on Project a Matchup would probably beat this Adamsville bunch.

And it only give it to them by 1 point. 31-30.

That's one (1) team in 30 years. Maybe even longer than that.

MP has no business playing at this level. Unless They were allowed open enrollment to attract more talent.

MP draws proly from no more than a populace of 7-8,000 even with surrounding communities in that zip code area. The town itself is around 4,500 to 4,800 population.

This last election cycle the city commission was decided with 1,500 votes estimated.

Had less than 30 kids suit up this year.

For the past 3 years it's been less than 30 :roflol:

You were right on line Bigby...ask Hardin Co., who Adamsville beat (5A Hardin Co. who gave Ridgeway a decent game). There's a few 3A (Alcoa) 4A (Fulton) teams that the 'Cards couldn't play with...most of them would have their hands full. I meant no disrespect to Mt. Pleasant with my opinion of how the game would go, just that Adamsville is on another level...agree?

I knew you meant no disrespect my man, and were just speaking truth to reality. It's just in reality I'm limiting myself in what I can actually say to keep those young spirits up.

Yes, Adamsville is on another level and they should be on another level in TSSAA reality. Level 3A.... Not just hating on Adamsville neither cause MP just lost to them. If anything I am giving credit where credit is due in just talking about how good they actually are and have been for years, consistently.

JMO.... But any team that is in an 'open enrollment' county should be classified up, bumped up one level in classification for it. 'Open enrollment' schools can draw on more talent county wide and are not restricted in doing so. So there should be a compromise in that unfairness to 'non-open enrollment' schools in that 'open enrollment' football programs should be restricted/restrained in fairness by having to play up a level..... If not? Then just separate the open enrollments from the non-open enrollments in new divisions. Just the same in fairness between public and privates.

The goal in mind is for 'fair' play. That teams are as evenly matched as they can be as far as the draw in the talent they can muster fairly enough.

I don't know the stats on the teams lately by state level, but I wouldn't mind a bit if some one done the homework to post the State Titles won here lately by Privates and Open enrollment public's over closed, 'non-open enrollment' schools.

If there is proof of an unfair advantage it would show there and in the top winners of quarter finals and semi finalist.

As always in these discussions, I'm sure the beneficiaries of the current system disagree.... Wholeheartedly ;)

Edited by Big Bigby

Was very impressed with the tigers they never quit. They ran into a buzzsaw but never quit. Adamsvilles defense tonight was awesome only gave up 66 yards of total offense and was swarming the ball carrier all night. Hats off to the tigers and good luck next year in 1a you guys will be hard to handle in 1a ball

With all that being said.... Like I stated. Glad MP goes back to 1A competition.

Just hate UC and a couple others is still 1A... lol.:D

Bigby I just wanna say congrats on a good year, none of us thought MTP would make the playoffs, much less get a first round bye and make the third round! As for UC, they go to 2a next year but Trousdale drops to 1a!