Help settle an argument!

pdpotts

I didn't say there was a rule. I said they are safe by rule because the are on base safely. c'mon man. don't be petty arguing with a fellow Milan fan. lol  and no I am not a perfect umpire and no one is

i hear ya. I just didn't like the so called rule being used as an example. I was a tssaa official myself many years ago. Who's association are you in? Skips or jimmys?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I found this from the NCAA rule book:

Rule 7, Section 3: Complete Pass

"ARTICLE 6. Any forward pass is complete when caught by a player of the passing team who is inbounds, and the ball continues in play unless completed in the opponent's end zone or the pass has been caught simultaneously by opposing players. If a forward pass is caught simultaneously by opposing players inbounds, the ball becomes dead and belongs to the passing team ."

Can't argue with that!  But it was called an interception (and I'll take the word of those who had a better view) and that ended the game and answers my question with authority.  Much thanks to all who responded.

I like the way you think Potts. Like the not making excuses. South Gibson was much better than their record indicated. Some say the game with us came down to that one play at the end of the game and you guys got robbed. But honestly they are doing just what you said... making excuses. There was 4qtrs in that game and plenty of time for the Hornets to ensure that it didn't come down to just one play.

Well, thank you BPM!  For the most part I aggree with you assement.  However, I have seen some very exciting games that came down to one play.  We had more than our share this year.  Good luck next Friday.

Well, thank you BPM! For the most part I aggree with you assement. However, I have seen some very exciting games that came down to one play. We had more than our share this year. Good luck next Friday.

My point is that people should not complain if it does come down to one play. Block better, run faster, make more tackles throughout the game and that play don't matter. They are all equally important.

My point is that people should not complain if it does come down to one play. Block better, run faster, make more tackles throughout the game and that play don't matter. They are all equally important.

Absolutely!!!  Play ball with all your heart and if you get whooped then work harder to improve.  No crying, no pointing to others, just work harder.  Even though SGC had a poor year on the field, this group of young men gave it all they had.  We had our banquet last night and I told each of them what a great year they had.  A couple pointed out our losing season.  I pointed out how much they had run, lifted, practiced and sweated week after week for what some call a silly game.  I told them that while winning was good the best part of football was overcoming the physical and mental demands of the game.  Mark Twain said, "A man can learn things carrying a cat by the tail he can't learn any other way."  After four years of football they have learned thing that those who have never had the blessing of putting on the pads will ever learn.  That after four years they are all winners!  I told my son to not let this be the best four years of his life but to take what he has learned by being a competitor and an athelete and apply them to the challenges that lie ahead.  He is being recruited by a few schools to play football.  I don't know what his path will be but I know football has helped to prepare him for the journey.

Wow!  Didn't mean to get so wordy here.  Feeling a little sentimental I guess.

Edited by pdpotts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Had what I believed would’ve been a good one hired but he showed up and smelled the cooking going on and said no thanks. 
    • Yeah.  Kids only transfer in and out of Bearden these days, you know.   That particular poster evidentially has a personal vendetta with Josh Jones.   Consider the source.  And the kid transferring to McCallie is a terrific talent, but an opportunity to go to McCallie on scholarship (and I am assuming that is the case) is one that is very much beneficial both athletically and academically.  McCallie is a great school for both.   Bearden will be fine.  And so will both of those kids who decided with their parents/advisors to go elsewhere.  
    • I think we are conducting interviews now since we have so many wanting to come to school here and play for a real team with a chance to play in front of lot's of fan's and have a chance to win a championship every year.  
    • Esteemed colleagues, On this auspicious Saturday morning, I fortuitously encountered Dr. Satterfield at the Early Bird Cafe, whereupon we engaged in a discourse concerning the pool of candidates vying for a coveted position. Dr. Satterfield, possessing a discerning eye, has graciously shared insights into the contenders, which I shall now relay to you in a structured manner. Eric Vetetoe, though initially absent from my considerations, ascended to the zenith of Clint's roster, poised atop his discerning clipboard as a preeminent candidate. Kyle Gregory, with a coaching demeanor reminiscent of a bygone era, has captivated Clint's admiration. His interview performance, I am informed, left an indelible impression, aligning seamlessly with Clint's nostalgic sentiments. Davy Cothron's cerebral approach to offense, notwithstanding a past championship game setback, garners high praise from Dr. Satterfield. His strategic acumen, it appears, remains unblemished despite previous trials. Brandon Eden's steadfast allegiance to the team, evidenced by his tenure on the creekbank, earns him considerable favor in Clint's estimation. Anticipation lingers as to whether an offer may be extended in recognition of his unwavering dedication. Wesley Satterfield emerges as a compelling candidate following a favorable assessment by Mr. Satterfield himself. The prospect of a Satterfield succession holds a certain allure, embodying continuity and tradition in equal measure. Kyle Shoulders, a surprising entrant in the applicant pool, impresses Clint with his football intellect, potentially positioning him as a contender for the role. Josh Hackett's defensive prowess, particularly in encounters against Trousdale over recent years, earns commendation from Coach Satterfield, underscoring his proficiency in the strategic aspects of the game. John McNeal's track record of success across multiple sports affords him undeniable merit, though the prospect of his acceptance, if offered, remains uncertain. Chad Evitts, a former NFL luminary, presents a unique opportunity, recognized keenly by Mr. Satterfield, to infuse our program with elite expertise and experience. Matt Dyer, revered for his contributions during the regular season, faces scrutiny for his playoff performances, a dichotomy that weighs upon Clint's evaluation. Chuck Gentry, endorsed by Dr. Satterfield, embodies the promise of transformative leadership, drawing parallels to his past triumphs in revitalizing programs akin to ours. Clint extols BJ West's astute management at the middle school echelon, where his strategic maneuver of strategically calibrating the team's schedule to optimize performance stands as a testament to his sagacity and acumen in navigating competitive dynamics. In conclusion, the deliberations surrounding our prospective leadership remain nuanced and multifaceted, underscoring the significance of this decision in shaping the future trajectory of our esteemed institution.