Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

I do know Ballard Memorial in Kentucky is one of our two out of region games. Westview being the other.

Ballard? You would think he could get Mayfield or Murray, even Calloway. Ballard will be a pretty good drive. I really figured Westview would drop us but I'm glad they haven't. Great gate money for both schools.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Luv that we trying to find good, tough opponents instead of powderpuffs. Coach says he talked to McKenzie & Adamasville too but they were booked. This new shuffling with bigger districts making it hard on everyone to find teams to play, but coach did good imo. Ballard Memorial Bombers was a good snag. And then Westview. Wow. Region 7 will be stacked, and will probably produce more state champions than any other region (as long as this new system lasts that is). The power has definitely shifted west for the foreseeable future. Methinks Dresden will be one of top teams as well. Time will tell.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Just looked at a map, Ballard Memorial is between Cairo, Il (where Miss. River & Ohio R. forks) & Paducah, in upper eastern corner of KY where that big hump/curl is looking at a state map. They bumped up to AA from A in 2011 and got new schools built too. Area must be growing.

Just looked at a map, Ballard Memorial is between Cairo, Il (where Miss. River & Ohio R. forks) & Paducah, in upper eastern corner of KY where that big hump/curl is looking at a state map. They bumped up to AA from A in 2011 and got new schools built too. Area must be growing.

Most of the people that worked at USEC lived in the Ballard County area. With the plant closing not much growing in that area. They will be back to single A when they realign the KY teams. Should be a decent team for us but a brutal drive to get there. Last year they were 9 - 3 but really didn't play anyone. Got smoked by Murray and Caldwell County but most teams got beat by those teams.

Most of the people that worked at USEC lived in the Ballard County area. With the plant closing not much growing in that area. They will be back to single A when they realign the KY teams. Should be a decent team for us but a brutal drive to get there. Last year they were 9 - 3 but really didn't play anyone. Got smoked by Murray and Caldwell County but most teams got beat by those teams.

I wonder if the paper mill at Wickliffe is still ripe up there, that place could  rival the hog pen at one time.

I wonder if the paper mill at Wickliffe is still ripe up there, that place could  rival the hog pen at one time.

Yes they are still running wide open. Wish we could ship that smell in to mix with hog pen for the UC game. lol I would say Huntingdon but we don't play them anymore unless it's in the semi finals.

Guest hevyrevy1611

yeah, its a shame we have to beat up on each other. top three, maybe four teams from here could go toe to toe with anyone in state, and be our own final four for most years. bold claim, yes, but hey, its da crazy rev, what else will i say? ha! :D for sure our top 4 will dominate region 8's top four most years in playoffs, so rematches will be in store. Go W. TN. GO LIONS!