Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

Should be a great season. Lions got talent at skill positions. If they get Cantrell healthy, Mitchell, Edmonds, center, plus other lineman that are developing I'm betting they surprise several people. Dresser being back?!?! Wow. Third downs are a different animal with him. Plus, coach won't have to hear all the new coach garbage and just coach his team. Less distractions. Dresden moved the ball well on uc and with any passing game last year it would of been a bit closer. Defensive aggression/htting is my only big concern. They definitely need to upgrade their d attitude to match uc/ Peabody/ stangturds/ etc. I have seen pre season predictions and I call bs on that. Top 6 teams are in west Tennessee next year. 3 in region 7. I may be wrong but with qb back I will go with my opinion.

Should be a great season. Lions got talent at skill positions. If they get Cantrell healthy, Mitchell, Edmonds, center, plus other lineman that are developing I'm betting they surprise several people. Dresser being back?!?! Wow. Third downs are a different animal with him. Plus, coach won't have to hear all the new coach garbage and just coach his team. Less distractions. Dresden moved the ball well on uc and with any passing game last year it would of been a bit closer. Defensive aggression/htting is my only big concern. They definitely need to upgrade their d attitude to match uc/ Peabody/ stangturds/ etc. I have seen pre season predictions and I call bs on that. Top 6 teams are in west Tennessee next year. 3 in region 7. I may be wrong but with qb back I will go with my opinion.

I heard that Edmonds was moving to Trenton Peabody?

Defense was less than impressive (just trying to be nice). Should be interesting to see what the lions look like next year. Already hearing the undefeated state champs with dresser's return. Don't think I'll be that bold. Scoring points won't be a problem. Keeping the other team from scoring and protecting the QB is still my bog issue.

The defense got much better from the beginning of the year. I think with the experience coming back they should be much better. Let's face it There was a lot of inexperience out there having to replace Swafford, Caldwell, Kendall, Bobby Hampton and a few others who were quality defensive players with great leadership qualities. That was just not there this year. However I did see a huge improvement from beginning to end this year especially in the Union City game although the score might not have shown it. They will be a lot better next year on defense. The kids and coaches are working hard they will all be better.

The LIONS will compete for FIRST in the district.  They will beat UC and hopefully play Peabody well.  With Winn we will score with anybody.  The big question is can we stop anybody.  Defense will be the weak spot but if that phase of the game improves look out.  I know all the talk is uc and peabody but that will change when the lions wear some people out.