Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

My whole reservations with our team right now is work and heart. The group of kids we have currently are most likely the most talented group to ever be at Dresden. That doesn't insure a gold or silver ball. What Dresden has done in these good years is work their butts off and refuse to loose. It seems like some of our kids just expect to win on talent alone. Maybe I'm mistaken but in the past kids played for each other and I've heard kids griping cause they aren't getting the stats they think they deserve. When all we had was Raymer running himself to death you still had the other kids blocking every play and our D was nasty. Kids would rather tackle someone instead of getting a TD or give up a int to put up a big hit. Dang I'm rambling like revy.......

My whole reservations with our team right now is work and heart. The group of kids we have currently are most likely the most talented group to ever be at Dresden. That doesn't insure a gold or silver ball. What Dresden has done in these good years is work their butts off and refuse to loose. It seems like some of our kids just expect to win on talent alone. Maybe I'm mistaken but in the past kids played for each other and I've heard kids griping cause they aren't getting the stats they think they deserve. When all we had was Raymer running himself to death you still had the other kids blocking every play and our D was nasty. Kids would rather tackle someone instead of getting a TD or give up a int to put up a big hit. Dang I'm rambling like revy.......

That is by far the most mis-used word on coachT.  No picking on you, YSO.  I see that at least once a day were "loose" is used in place of "lose".  Wonder why that is such a common mistake?

I agree with you yso.  I don't blame the kids but their parents.  They are told at home how great they are and it is all about them and not the team.  Winn coming back will provide leadership and hopefully that team concept of just winning and individual stats will come.  If the egos continue to be a problem Dresden will be a bust for sure.  I have been around these kids their whole lives and they are for the most part good kids but I have seen first hand what a leader Winn is and these kids will follow him, just hope he comes home.

Sorry not a English major. lol the old teams played loose and refused to LOSE. Better? lol

LOL...like I said, was picking on you.  That is the most commonly misused word on this website.   I'm definitely not an English major myself.  I just wonder why those get confused so often.  Obviously, you know the difference so I think it may be a sub-conscious exchange.

LOL...like I said, was picking on you. That is the most commonly misused word on this website. I'm definitely not an English major myself. I just wonder why those get confused so often. Obviously, you know the difference so I think it may be a sub-conscious exchange.

I usually have these issues cause I have fat fingers and I'm the worlds worst speller. If spell check doesn't catch my error I'm hosed. lol

Merry Christmas to all the coach T posters and go Lions!!