Let's talk CAK, CPA, Notre Dame and Lipscomb Academy!

Apache

lets check the points ND has scored the last few years Indian and the points that have been score on Grundy and your Indians:

ND

YEAR - POINTS SCORED (PF)

2013) 350

2012) 375

2011) 343

2010) 61

2009) 96

Grundy County (D1AA)

YEAR) PF - PA PUBLIC SCHOOL OPPONENT SCORES

2014) 288 - 405.....Signal Mtn (District) 70, Marion Co (D1A) 49, South Pittsburg (D1A) 49

2013) 253 - 391.....Signal (District) 63, Upperman 56, Marion Co (D1A) 55, Silverdale (D1A) 49

2012) 302 - 341.....South Pittsburg (D1A) 58, Cheatham 69

2011) 207 - 294.....Bledsoe Co (District) 55

2010) 261 - 257.....South Pittsburg (D1A) 53

....not one of these years was ND the highest scoring team on Grundy and smaller D1A schools scored more points on them than did ND

Sequatchie Co (D1AA)

YEAR) PF - PA PUBLIC SCHOOL OPPONENT SCORES

2014) 224 - 306.....Signal Mtn (District) 58, ND 35

2013) 255 - 327.....South Pittsburg (D1A) 48, Marion Co (D1A) 52, Polk Co 49, ND 34

2012) 145 - 355.....Signal (District) 61, South Pittsburg (D1A) 49, ND 41

2011) 318 - 254.....Signal (District) 56, South Pittsburg (D1A) 41, ND 14

2010) 363 - 266.....Signal (D1A) 42, Goodpasture 54, ND 14

....now as for your SC Indians, not one year did ND score more points on you than another team; as in the case w/ Grundy more points were scored on you by smaller D1A schools than did ND........up to 2012 we had not beat you; yall had beat us in (2011) 26-14, (2010) 42-14, (2009) 41-14, w/ 2 of those years beating us down pretty good

....takes a good look at your Indians PF & PA stats over the last 5 years....you have increasing had more points scored on you annually while putting up less points on the scoreboard and you want to single out ND for this decline in your program.....Of course you are not happy being on the bottom and neither were we and for the moment we are not....ND is not the sole reason for your doormat status, we are just a piece of it.......you are 3-7, 5-6, 2-8 over the last 3 years.......You need to look elsewhere

Booger just sayin, Indian :thumb:

You missed, or ignored, the point. ND went from struggling to get first downs to state contender, nearly overnight when the talent started following the coach. How often is that going to happen and how are ND's public school opponents supposed to draw in talent from around Chattanooga and.N Georgia (and in girls basketball at least, from Cleveland).

You missed, or ignored, the point. ND went from struggling to get first downs to state contender, nearly overnight when the talent started following the coach. How often is that going to happen and how are ND's public school opponents supposed to draw in talent from around Chattanooga and.N Georgia (and in girls basketball at least, from Cleveland).

c'mon Indian....to improve is the objective...and Booger got the point and did not ignore it......tell me at what rate one is to move a program forward.....Fant has been very productive everywhere he has been and right now ND is very lucky to have him and his staff......you seriously think any of the Players followed him from Boyd.....you been around too long to reach like that!!!!!! or maybe not .......you tell us what track record of success in a coach yall are looking for......I am assuming you would not want a coach and staff that is capable of turning that mess yall have right now around as quickly as possible; you would prefer to have it turned around in 5, 6, 7 years, right???? .......

2002 4-7

2003 1-9

2004 8-4

2005 13-1

Booger is assuming you want to say the same thing went down from 2002 - 2005; would this be a correct assumption?

Edited by Booger

It is very clear privates have a large advantage in all sports not only in football. Girls soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball etc.

Once again the TSSAA is suppose to serve its constituents and when the overwhelming majority want the public private split, why do they refuse to even seriously consider it? We should follow the Georgia model.          

Make no mistake the TSSAA has no interest in serving its constituents. Never has and never will. The debate over the public and private split has gone on for years. The TSSAA has lacked the integrity to live up to its own mandate of "Do What is Right". Instead they have purposely found ways to accommodate keeping most privates with the publics. When privates dominated 1A and 2A football, the multiplier was created. This simply moved the private problem to 3A and 4A. The largest public schools would be unaffected and it remained so with the creation the Super 32. Large public schools do not have play private schools. If they had to schedule Baylor, Ensworth, and McCallie I would think their outlook would be somewhat different. GB is quite right in his assessment of the domination of private schools in all minor sports. The two schools that played for last year's state baseball championship were CAK and Catholic.

There are some small privates that continue to operate without taking advantage of the rules and it the spirit of fair play. Others take advantage of loopholes and the lack of enforcement from TSSAA to attract players who would otherwise be at public school programs. It is sad to see the demise of once outstanding programs. Take a look at some of the public schools in Knox and Hamilton County. What has happened to schools in and around Nashville. But I think as private schools continue to open, there is finally some negative impact being felt at some programs. Catholic and Norte Dame success have affected programs like Boyd Buchannan, Grace Baptist, CCS and even to a degree Webb, CAK and Grace Christian.

Without a change is leadership with the TSSAA and that would include Board of Control Members, nothing much is going to change. It is time I think for public school administrators to call the TSSAA to task and resolve the private/public debate in a fair and equitable manner that will be in the best interest of the student athlete.

Your running your mouth again and nothing but poop coming out. In 2005 we had 570 students. We now have 375. We are ranked in the top 50 Catholic schools in the country. So its not education why we have lost students. We lost athletes to Signal Mt and East Hamilton when those schools opened up. We excel because we parents are envolved in more then our childrens sports. We also care about there education. I've struggled over the years to pay for my childrens eduction but it would have been easier to tell them to quit sports or I could have sent them to a public school. If I had done the later,I could have gotten me a 4×4,a 4 wheeler,bass boat,a pontoon boat,some dip and maybe some Miller Lite beer. But my priorities were and still are my childrens education.

You have no clue what your talking about.

Notre Dames record

2001 4-7

2002 4-7

2003 1-9

2004 8-4

2005 13-1

2006 8-3

2007 5-5

2008 4-6

2009 3-7

2010 1-9

2011 5-6

2012 9-3

2013 9-4

2014 11-1

So you brainiacs tell me how much has ND affected the playoffs over the last 14 years? I guess we recruit only on the years we have won. Our new coaching staff has built the program back up. I want you all to tell me why would a head coach jeopardize his career(hopes of coaching in college one day) just to win a few games? You all know (unlike Alcoa) that talent is cyclical. Every now and then you'll have a good class come through and sometimes an above average class. So the next time you open your mouth about Notre Dame please be intelligent and do some research first.

I don't think the problem with privates is so much "recruiting". Its the fact that there kids can come from anywhere and there are no zones. But I agree that the public open enrollment is much more of a problem. A small tuition and willingness of parents and kids to get to school are the only roadblocks. Lots of school systems in west Tennessee are still under federal injunctions that require kids to go to certain schools. That is exactly why Jackson public school football is very subpar and the privates are pretty good. Gibson county has special school districts in all cities. And when the white flight hit Humboldt hard they got the feds involved and sued. Now the school zones are strictly enforced. If Milan Humboldt Medina and Trenton wanted to have open zones and all the athletes chose to go to one school that school would be an absolute juggernaut. But anyway that's just my opinion. And before the Blount County goons reply let me say this...You guys don't cheat because there are no TSSAA rules against open enrollment so therefore getting players outside of your school district is perfectly legal. However I think everyone would just like to once hear one of you say it definitely helps. Not to take away from the hard work your players put in or the great coaching you have but any coach will tell you great players make great coaches.

Nail meet hammer...

If you don't think there is a slippery slope, then how about this....  Once upon a time there was a state champion high school football team.  People complained about how unfair it was for small schools to play big schools.  Eventually, that lead to 3 classifications.  More people complained, so it went to 5 classifications.  More people complained so now we have 8 state champions!!!.  If we split public and private, we will probably have 9 state champions.  Next people will want to create a division for open zone schools.... Then we will need to split those into large and small open zone schools.... Then we will need to address the disparity in rural, urban, and suburban districts....  Then we will split those into divisions based on the schools football budget....  There are probably plenty more things for people to come up with....  Again, unless everyone gets their championship, someone will be unhappy... 

not too badly put :thumb: .....everyone wants to win and most everyone hates the winner....look at Alcoa....who doesn't want to be them?.....Let Booger re-phrase that......who doesn't want to be that FB program?......you may hear tons of obnoxious and sometimes classless stuff coming out of a few of that communities finest banner carriers flytraps; but you never here them complaining about the private schools winning over them....you know why; because they beat them on a regular basis.....now if they were to loose are were loosing to them; they would whine and make excuses like the most of everyone else Booger would assume....this topic of conversation will never go away until all the privates are absent from the playoffs and even then.....if a team went 14-1 with its only loss to a private; their fans would complain about that loss

Booger just sayin

If you don't think there is a slippery slope, then how about this.... Once upon a time there was a state champion high school football team. People complained about how unfair it was for small schools to play big schools. Eventually, that lead to 3 classifications. More people complained, so it went to 5 classifications. More people complained so now we have 8 state champions!!!. If we split public and private, we will probably have 9 state champions. Next people will want to create a division for open zone schools.... Then we will need to split those into large and small open zone schools.... Then we will need to address the disparity in rural, urban, and suburban districts.... Then we will split those into divisions based on the schools football budget.... There are probably plenty more things for people to come up with.... Again, unless everyone gets their championship, someone will be unhappy...

No. I'd be somewhat satisfied with all privates back in it if applied to the Ensworths playing in Division I, 6A. The programs most likely to compete the best with the privates don't have to do so.

For the smaller schools, the strength appears to have little to do with financial aid rules.

So privates do recruit then?

Other states have already implemented the public/private split and I would like to know why the TSSAA is dragging their feet on this issue when the majority of member schools (public and private) want the split.

CPA the last three seasons have ended the dreams of a state championship appearance of four small towns.

2012- Cheatham Co.

2013- Fairview and Lewis Co.

2014- Westmoreland

All these schools had arguably their best teams ever, but did not get a chance to play in Cookeville due to what I say is an unfair advantage. You may disagree but it is my opinion.

It wasn't lewis co best team ever, in 1995 lewis was loaded and we got beat 17-14 and by the way it was to a private(Goodpasture)

You have no clue what your talking about.

Notre Dames record

2001 4-7

2002 4-7

2003 1-9

2004 8-4

2005 13-1

2006 8-3

2007 5-5

2008 4-6

2009 3-7

2010 1-9

2011 5-6

2012 9-3

2013 9-4

2014 11-1

So you brainiacs tell me how much has ND affected the playoffs over the last 14 years? I guess we recruit only on the years we have won. Our new coaching staff has built the program back up. I want you all to tell me why would a head coach jeopardize his career(hopes of coaching in college one day) just to win a few games? You all know (unlike Alcoa) that talent is cyclical. Every now and then you'll have a good class come through and sometimes an above average class. So the next time you open your mouth about Notre Dame please be intelligent and do some research first.

my opinion is as long as it is within the rules, no harm no foul. I agree a split to put public and private playing each other in the playoffs is fair. Most people want that. And you can't go on record to prove a team doesn't recruit. UT recruits every year but doesn't always win. Some years you recruit better than others. A private school has to recruit. They have no school zone where kids are dropped off by a bus. They have to recruit to get people to attend. That being said, they do it by the current rules, so I am fine with it.

I don't think the problem with privates is so much "recruiting". Its the fact that there kids can come from anywhere and there are no zones. But I agree that the public open enrollment is much more of a problem. A small tuition and willingness of parents and kids to get to school are the only roadblocks. Lots of school systems in west Tennessee are still under federal injunctions that require kids to go to certain schools. That is exactly why Jackson public school football is very subpar and the privates are pretty good. Gibson county has special school districts in all cities. And when the white flight hit Humboldt hard they got the feds involved and sued. Now the school zones are strictly enforced. If Milan Humboldt Medina and Trenton wanted to have open zones and all the athletes chose to go to one school that school would be an absolute juggernaut. But anyway that's just my opinion. And before the Blount County goons reply let me say this...You guys don't cheat because there are no TSSAA rules against open enrollment so therefore getting players outside of your school district is perfectly legal. However I think everyone would just like to once hear one of you say it definitely helps. Not to take away from the hard work your players put in or the great coaching you have but any coach will tell you great players make great coaches.

100% agree