Riverdale vs. Oakland Round 2

statman22

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

i think OHS will win by a field goal. they almost beat them in the regular season but couldnt make a first down until the 3rd quarter. i think if oakland has long drives and stopes Spike McDaniel they will win but not by much. :o:D

The key is for Oakland to hold onto the ball. Do not make any mistakes, such as fumbles, dropped passes, and they'll be ok.

They dominated the clock in the first game. If they can do it again, and they have the heart and desire to go to Warrior Stadium and play like they can, like they want to and can win, then they'll be able to win it. It'll still be close, but they can do it.

I'm picking this game to be my game of the week.

-JohnC

Guest region4fan

WOW! What a wonderful response, Olandpats! Now you see the reason I love this team so much!! A good mark for you, my boy! Enjoy today and be ready to get serious tomorrow!!

Johnny C.,

How can you say they dominated the clock the first time? Every drive but two was three plays and out. That is not meant as disrespect to Oakland, but I think you are wrong there.

Oakland has a good football team, and will show up to play. Riverdale will not be looking ahead. I know it is a cliche, but whoever makes the least mistakes should win.

[Edited by Riverdale on 11-10-02 3:30P]

[Edited by Riverdale on 11-10-02 3:31P]

Yes.You are right. We didnt do anything the first game. If oakland comes out and plays this friday like they did last friday, then its gonna be a really good game. i think that if oakland can move he ball on them this time then the also have the defense to stop riverdale. If oaktown plays like they did against cumberland, then i say they win by 10-14. If not, then boy howdy, it'll be a long game.

Guest hogfan10

This will be a really good game. But I just want to comment on a player from OHS. I think his number is 2. But he does it all. He plays free safety. He has a brother on the team if i heard right. But that boys is tight. He has some mad game. He looks small on tv, but he will bring the heat if you come near him. When i watched the RHS and OHS game on tv, he was almost in the picture on every play. That boy has some game.

To olineathlete,

I know you know me you were my QB for 2 years! You and Chris know I love ya so i'm going to give it to ya straight! I watched the 1st OHS/RHS on tape the other night. You guys lost that game up front on the offensive line! Ebal is a great QB, but no QB can do anything "RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE!" It sounded like you BIG guys took care of business against Cumberland Co. Great job! Hey it's no mystery, the key to you guys beating the Warriors is long scoring drives! That was the only thing missing in the first game! Your defense was "AWESOME!" I think you guys should be one of the best o-lines in the state! Check that, I KNOW you should be one of the best in the state. Prove me right Friday night, and HOPEFULLY if we take care of business we can meet back at the Inferno for our 2nd go around! Good luck Friday!

P.S. Tell Marease I said that he was AWESOME in the Riverdale game and I expect no less this Friday! :x:o:D

[Edited by slim589 on 11-11-02 12:37P]

Yes, you are right. I was your QB for 2 years. Glad you remember me. Your right though. The 1st meeting, we lost it up front. This time we have to dominate up front and let our defense rest. If we can put scoring drives together and hold the ball for 35 minutes of the game like we did against cumberland, then i think we should come out on top. Just want you to know that it feels good havin confidence in you. Thanks. Knowing people have confidence in you builds confidence. I think thats gonna be a big thing in this game. i hope your right. Maybe we will have 2nd meeting at the inferno. If we do, the outcome will be a lil different :o naw, j/k. I am takin one game at a time, as is everybod else at oakland

olineathlete, high school football needs more people like you. It's nice to know you guys aren't looking ahead. Man, it seems like everyone i have met from Oakland has a good head on their shoulders. I want OHS to know that I am behind them 100% to bring home a 5A championship for good old region 4! You guys and Blackman are the classiest teams we have played. Best of luck.

To the game:

Oakland is certainly capable of beating Riverdale. On the other hand, the Warriors seem to be turning it on now, and as everyone knows, when that happens, it's an uphill climb for a victory. This game is great in that each team can go in with a more than reasonable chance to win it. My heart's saying go Pats, but I just don't think they have it this year if RHS plays like they have been recently.

The pick:

RHS 28, OHS 16