State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

I hope Monterey wins, but let's get real.

It's not like Monterey is a powerhouse year in and year out.

Some of this stuff coming from Monterey fans seems like they're used to this kind of thing.

Monterey may be getting too cocky for their own good.

Lord here goes the cocky crap. Let them be da** excited. I get so sick of seeing people throwing around the word "cocky" after a team gets a big win. No they prolly haven't been here before that's why they are so excited. They beat us last night so I still have a grudge lol but they played hard and just outplayed us. So let the boys be happy. If you wanna talk about cocky then there is one group I think we can all agree on that is cocky. But they win so it is ok??
  • Upvote 1

Truth hurts....

These 2 teams have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!! The truth, UcAlumni, is that you probably didn't think little old Monterey would make it this far or that coalfield would upset greenback!!! The truth is that you don't know the truth and are more concerned about these teams coming out of nowhere and playing good ball. The truth will be evident at the end of the fourth quarter. Until then all this is just garbage. Heck who knows, Monterey or Coalfield may be playing Nashville Christian for the championship. Heck Union City is a bigger town than most 3A towns! Maybe if your sooooo good you should step up a class or two!!!  I mean Union population is 10500!! Monterey and Coalfield combined are only 5500!!! So I would hope you guys could compete in Class 1A!!! Truth is if you guys competed with towns your size you would not even be heard of!!! Truth hurts!!!

• Upvote 1

These 2 teams have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!! The truth, UcAlumni, is that you probably didn't think little old Monterey would make it this far or that coalfield would upset greenback!!! The truth is that you don't know the truth and are more concerned about these teams coming out of nowhere and playing good ball. The truth will be evident at the end of the fourth quarter. Until then all this is just garbage. Heck who knows, Monterey or Coalfield may be playing Nashville Christian for the championship. Heck Union City is a bigger town than most 3A towns! Maybe if your sooooo good you should step up a class or two!!!  I mean Union population is 10500!! Monterey and Coalfield combined are only 5500!!! So I would hope you guys could compete in Class 1A!!! Truth is if you guys competed with towns your size you would not even be heard of!!! Truth hurts!!!

Good points,Talmud :thumb:

I can't wait til SP is good again. You're making me hate this website. Take your garbage to the SP thread and bash the coaches and players like the other SP "fans"

Don't get upset Rudy. It's really not garbage. Actually most predictions have been pretty close if you take a look. If you think for one minute that east TN in 1A was strong this season or any season out of the past several then do some research. SP routinely made it to championship games the past several years as a pretty good, but not great team. The east this season was the weakest field ever (SP) included. Those are just the facts. As for "bashing" players and coaches. Do some research, I try to play peacemaker when others do that stuff. Edited by TheAmbassador

Don't get upset Rudy. It's really not garbage. Actually most predictions have been pretty close if you take a look. If you think for one minute that east TN in 1A was strong this season or any season out of the past several then do some research. SP routinely made it to championship games the past several years as a pretty good, but not great team. The east this season was the weakest field ever (SP) included. Those are just the facts. As for "bashing" players and coaches. Do some research, I try to play peacemaker when others do that stuff.

The thing is I agree with most of the stuff you say including how weak the east is. But there are some proud people from the east who are so happy their teams are where they are and you feel the need to constantly talk about how bad they are on multiple threads for multiple weeks.