Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never said hat Martin recruits, all I have ever said that privates have an unfair advantage in getting players. Hockaday is a transfer as he was at a different school then came to CPA to play in High School. Do you know how many new player we got at the start of their HS? NONE. As a matter of fact I would love to have had Hockaday on our team last year during our game and believe that he would have been difference turning the game in our favor. One, two and for sure three players DOES make a difference (whether they come in the 7th, 8th, 9th or some other time during HS) and contrary to what you say you get them and we don't.

If players were starting HS, then all of them were new, where they not? CPA has desks to fill too, but they don't have a zoned area to pull students from. I'm not privy to the admissions process, but they pretty much have to take in transfers. It is a private school, not a charity, and they want/need students to replace those who leave, and not to mention that 15k in tuition that comes with each student. In the past few years they have been able to admit a greater number of students, thanks to the new high school building and the extra space it provides. Publics and privates are apples and oranges in regards to how they get students, we all know this. The bitterness towards CPA and it's athletes has only come with winning, just like the hate that Alcoa has gotten since years prior, this is nothing new.

Stop fooling yourself. Private schools, and especially CPA, have a big edge over most publics when it comes to resources-- specifically the ability to consistantly hire some of the best coaches in the state-- Maddux, LeGate(s), Martin+assistants, Gerlach, Gagliano, Epps, etc.-- all top notch coaches.  That, in my opinion, is the biggest reason that CPA football has been so successful recently. As you can see by the results, it doesn't really matter that CPA has fewer students. Having 400 students in a grade helps, but does not automatically equal wins, that should be obvious.

i completely agree but a grade with 300 and 400 plus students has more talent to pull from. thats all im saying

I found this: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/10/18/hs-football-roundup-milan-upsets-dyersburg/17489411/

Kinda light on details but it seems like a pretty balanced offensive attack. It says Dyersburg scored with 10 seconds so the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. I've always thought Dyersburg was really good so this must have stunned them given the earlier struggles.

i completely agree but a grade with 300 and 400 plus students has more talent to pull from. thats all im saying

doesn't CPA have like 10 assistant fb coaches and schools of Milan's size has...4?..hard to compete with their resources, tuition and location....but it's an age old argument that won't be settled on this thread...play the game...my heart is with Milan but my gut says CPA...and if CPA does win... this Milan fan will be pulling for them in the finals....last poke at privates...all with respect...Milan is the only true "play with what gets off that yellow bus" public school in the AAA semis...

Edited by cofo