Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

Just want the CPA fans to know that the posters on this thread making comments about recruiting are not Milan fans. They have not been on our threads all year and we don't claim. I can promise Milan has nothin but respect for CPA and the boys and coaches are only focusing on winning the game against the team they will line up against Friday night and not where those boys came from. It is usually some one whose team that is already long been eliminated that whines about recruiting. Win or lose we will give our best. If we lose we will improve and be back next year. That is why we always are.

Yep, and the Milan fans on this board have always been respectful and have high football IQs. Milan has a great history and tradition and it is a great atmosphere. I didn't make the game early this year, so I don't have good memories from my last visit to Milan….:) I do remember some hard hitting from both sides in that game.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be that awesome kindergarten program that they are talking about since about 75% of the starters were at CPA in kindergarten. Think about it. That means Coach Martin was recruiting these kids to CPA when he was an All-Star QB at MBA. It doesn't get more impressive than that!

Your football coach and team are suffering guilt by association.

Your football coach and team are suffering guilt by association.

Hmmm. I don't think Coach Ingle Martin or the team are suffering at all. I think that there are some who make baseless accusations that suffer from something. Usually/ultimately a man's character surfaces no matter what others think or say. Perhaps some will now think twice before accusing, but then again, perhaps not.

Hmmm. I don't think Coach Ingle Martin or the team are suffering at all. I think that there are some who make baseless accusations that suffer from something. Usually/ultimately a man's character surfaces no matter what others think or say. Perhaps some will now think twice before accusing, but then again, perhaps not.

My personal opinion is that they are probably celebrating being 13-0 and in the semi-finals rather than suffering about anything.

Very good coach and he does a great job, but kind of easy to go 52-4, when 52 of the teams were not "as good, or not better teams".      You said it first.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. CPA was not "as good, or better than their competition", than they are now for 3-4 years before Martin came. Does not the coach play a critical roll in a team being as good or better than the teams they play? is it easy for Alabama to win almost all of their games, for Maryville, for Florida State? They have built a team that has become better than their competition and the key reason is coaching.

Just learned tomorrow is "Don't Sweat CPA" Day at Milan High School. All teachers and students are urged to wear their sweat pants to show their BullDawg pride!!!

Love it! We should have a "Purple People Eaters Day". Not sure if I can make the trip down this time, but expect a great day and atmosphere. Hope we heal up some this week.

Perhaps if you took off those rose colored glasses you could see better, but then again, perhaps not.

Not sure what "skin color" and number of "black boy playing for them" has to do with it, but yes CPA does recruit.  The coaches might not do the recruiting, but if they did not recruit then they would not exist.

Well sorry bud but I can tell you for a fact that there is no way that CPA recruits. 90% of the starters have been going to CPA since 6th grade or earlier. 8 starting offensive players since kindergarten.. The other 2 since middle school. And on defense there is only 1 player who has not been going to CPA since Kindergarden. Please bring forth your proof to the world which says CPA recruits.. Because everyone would love to see! Winning just brings jealousy.. You your mind an undefeated team = a team that recruits.. Nothing but ignorance