Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

True, but big chief and coachrus made reference to the basketball which is happening more frequently on the football threads. It is important to know why it happens because unfortunately for the other CPA programs big chief is right "guilt by association." And you noticed how coachrus can't argue the basketball point, he resorts to the personal.

There are some close seconds, but coachrus is the king of judging another person's motives, personal attack, name calling and baseless accusations which is what he says he is against. But you will never see him provide facts related to basketball, like he does with football, to prove his point so he must resort to other tactics. Classic coachrus all wrapped up in his distorted Christian world view. He only supports the points I make. Thank you coachrus, you make it so easy.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong about CPA basketball, football or any other sport. All I know is the truly successful programs don't worry about where the players come from. They just go out and bust them in the mouth. That is why Alcoa won last year. That is why Milan has a pretty good track record against CPA and Goodpasture at this level of the playoffs. It is why SouthSide beat them in basketball. We don't care where the players come from. We just line up and give em all we got. If it is not good enough we will improve and get em next year instead of complaining about recruiting. The facts are ya gotta beat em to get to your goal and crying don't help get there. Only hard work.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree about the qb. And the coachin that Morris has provided. This is probably his best coaching job in all his years. Doesn't have the DI athletes but is maximizing everything he can out of these boys.

In particular the O line has come a very long way which has led to the emergence of Isiah Ross. At the beginning if the year he was not the first option at tail back. He has been rolling. Also the defense is much better with some personnel being moved around throughout the year. All have led to the 7 game run and some wins over a few very good teams along the way.

Once I saw the Dyersburg score, I thought that something was clicking. Was that the game that turned it around?

Once I saw the Dyersburg score, I thought that something was clicking. Was that the game that turned it around?

That was the first time that I think this Milan team played up to its full potential. Dyersburg had more athletes and size. But our youth final maxed their potential and better coaching in regards to game planning won out.

You know.... I think in order for us to have a chance we have to win the turnover battle like 2 years ago in the playoffs. You guys threw 3 ints and we had zero turnovers. If I am Morris I sell out out on stopping the run and play you man to man in the passing game and hope we can make a play or two.

That would be a gamble. It might pay off or it might really hurt you. Coach Martin seems to take whatever the defenses give him. I think that is what makes the Lion offense so tough is that they are very balanced. Westy exposed our run defense some and won the time of possession like 5 to 1. But CPA was deadly with the big play and scored quickly. But you are right about the TO battle. That can give and take away momentum and confidence.

Edited by coachrus

You know.... I think in order for us to have a chance we have to win the turnover battle like 2 years ago in the playoffs. You guys threw 3 ints and we had zero turnovers. If I am Morris I sell out out on stopping the run and play you man to man in the passing game and hope we can make a play or two.

I agree about the turnover factor but winning the turnover battle is usually not a manageable thing. Turnovers can be caused, but many times are just mistakes and, in some cases, bad luck. Games usually turn on 3-4 things that happen in a game.  For example, a penalty that is questionable that negates a big play or keeps a drive alive; an injury to a key player; a shanked punt or bad coverage on a return; or as you say, a turnover. The challenge in beating CPA is that they are very sound in all phases of the game. They are not the best in all areas, but sound in all. They are not that deep but the reserves are well coached in fundamentals and there is a lot of team speed. For Milan to win, I believe they will need some short fields and that usually comes through the other team's mistakes. It is hard to put together long drives on CPA's defense.

This was definitely the turnaround game. No one gave Milan a chance and they came out with a chip on their shoulder. And then winning gave them the confidence they needed. Rolling ever since.

I found this: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/10/18/hs-football-roundup-milan-upsets-dyersburg/17489411/

Kinda light on details but it seems like a pretty balanced offensive attack. It says Dyersburg scored with 10 seconds so the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. I've always thought Dyersburg was really good so this must have stunned them given the earlier struggles.

I found this: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/10/18/hs-football-roundup-milan-upsets-dyersburg/17489411/

Kinda light on details but it seems like a pretty balanced offensive attack. It says Dyersburg scored with 10 seconds so the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. I've always thought Dyersburg was really good so this must have stunned them given the earlier struggles.