Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

I know Milan has recent history of giving CPA trouble (and ending CPA's season), but I've been fooled too many times by the comments on here this season along the lines of "this one will be closer than people think" when it comes to CPA's matchup. I wish CPA would have more games turn out closer than they do, but I'm gonna stick to what I've seen to be a trend, and say that CPA goes up by 35+ before the end of the 3rd. Bring on Alcoa. Sorry BPM, I have a ton of respect for Milan's program as well as how you represent your school on CoachT. I hope I'm wrong and we get to see an exciting game on Friday.

A few things which lead me to believe this game will be closer. First is that the early CPA game was the first one for the current Milan QB after coming in raw when the original QB went out with a broken leg. Seven wins in a row since then.

Next is CPA still had 3 key starters out Friday night including a Mr. Football nominee. Might be back this Friday but could be a question mark. As a small school depth can be an issue for CPA.

Westy did ok running the ball against CPA, but Lipscomb did not. I was a little surprised because Lipscomb had some real beef up front but could never get in a groove like Westy did at times.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Milan has recent history of giving CPA trouble (and ending CPA's season), but I've been fooled too many times by the comments on here this season along the lines of "this one will be closer than people think" when it comes to CPA's matchup. I wish CPA would have more games turn out closer than they do, but I'm gonna stick to what I've seen to be a trend, and say that CPA goes up by 35+ before the end of the 3rd. Bring on Alcoa. Sorry BPM, I have a ton of respect for Milan's program as well as how you represent your school on CoachT. I hope I'm wrong and we get to see an exciting game on Friday.

You guys may win, and may win comfortably.... But I can guarantee you don't come to Milan this Friday and lead by 35 in the 3rd quarter.

Cal Preps says 31-14 CPA over Milan

I agree CPA wins this one but it won't be a blow-out like the regular season meeting...Milan is much improved...if CPA thinks they can come to M-town and throw their jersey's on the field and win....could turn into an interesting game..and if CPA does win, I'll be pulling for them vs the other private school... Alcoa...time for "what gets off that yellow bus" schools to win it...time for recruiting schools to have their own playoffs....

Edited by cofo

I agree CPA wins this one but it'll won't be a blow-out like the reg season meeting...Milan is much improved...if CPA thinks they can come to M-town and throw their jersey's on the field and win....could turn into an interesting game..and if CPA does win, I'll be pulling them vs the other private school... Alcoa...time for "what gets off that yellow bus" schools to win it...time for recruiting schools to have their own playoffs....

To bad the OZ players don't want to get on that Milan bus.......hehe.

looks like this thread will trail about 50 pages behind notre dame vs Alcoa thread. lol  But there isn't really much to be said. We have played each other so much over the last 4 years that seems like we are in same district. Respect among players coaches and fans. The first game this year was dominated by cpa. Milan was coming off an absolute heartbreaking loss at martin because of a horrific officiating display. The players, coaches and fans were still talking about it all next week. Milan was starting a new quarterback and the game being on Thursday was weird too. The crowd and stands had absolutely no emotion. I fully expect a focused and improved Milan team Friday night to show up. However don't know if they can slow down a very talented cpa team. Should be a lot more fun game this time. Safe travels from Nashville

I agree CPA wins this one but it won't be a blow-out like the regular season meeting...Milan is much improved...if CPA thinks they can come to M-town and throw their jersey's on the field and win....could turn into an interesting game..and if CPA does win, I'll be pulling for them vs the other private school... Alcoa...time for "what gets off that yellow bus" schools to win it...time for recruiting schools to have their own playoffs....

Coach Martin is 52-4 in the last 4 years and the losses he has have been to "as good, or better, teams" where the line was even or against CPA. You don't do that by taking anyone for granted. If Milan wins, it will be CPA's first loss in 4 years to a pre-game underdog. Can Milan win? Absolutely! They are a great program that has closed the season strong. I believe CPA is better, but a turnover here, penalty there and the game can change quickly. One thing for sure, these seniors remember the heartbreak of the 2012 loss at Milan. They will not take Milan lightly.