Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

The veer when ran the proper way (I.e. Quick/smart reads, lineman firing off the ball, and RBs that hit thier holes quick with force) is very hard to stop. An UC has all of that, with a side of rolls.

Also, is Henry the kid that played running back against WC in 2011? He would have been a freshman. I'm almost 100% sure it was him. I remember me and little brother talking about it. I told him UC would be good by the time he was an upper classman. I just didn't think this good lol

The fullback in 2011 was Keylon Hyde.

ame="bigb31072" post="3286659" timestamp="1417246587"]

I don't think anybody is dogging the kids, they are very good players, they're dogging the fans that kept throwing it up that they had six d1 athletes when it's obvious that they don't.

Exactly. Not at all criticizing the kids...they are good 1A players. But they are not D1 players. Sorry have been around too many legit D1 players throughout the years and these kids aren't it. Again not saying they aren't good, just doubt they will ever see playing time in the SEC. And after being around legit D1 SEC talent, one player like that can truly put a team (especially in 1A) on his back and get a W or at least contribute to a team scoring and getting more than 33 yards of offense. Sorry NCS fans but you do NOT have 6 D1 players.... 

Don't worry though, you are not the only team that is living in a dream world. What these players (and parents) don't get is that THIS IS 1A ball....you are playing against 5'6" 150 pound kids. Try playing and actually starting on a 5A or 6A school and then talk. But even then the chances are slim unless you are genetically blessed or can run a legit time...not the 'fat finger" or padding the stats (you know who you are). Laughable that so many of these young players claim they run a 40 faster than men (yes they are men, not boys) leaving college getting drafted in the NFL. And to clarify, anyone can "walk on" at these D1 schools...they need a practice squad. Until you actually suit up and play in a game, you are not a D1 player. Sure you can say "I played at a D1 school," but guess what... you really didn't! 

Congrats again to UC for a total dominant performance against NCS. Have no doubt you will win the gold ball next week. And for the poster that wrote that all the awards are meaningless and the gold ball is all that matters, YOU ARE RIGHT! I bet every player out there would gladly give back their district awards voted on by coaches or team awards voted on by fellow players to get a gold ball. 

Another positive, with UC losing so many starters, NCS will probably be the team to beat next season in 1A to get the gold ball.

Edited by RodNReel

One more thing before I go away for a while. Both NCSdad posters, that BigSwo guy, and the rest are good people and very knowledgeable about their programs. Compassionate too, nice getting to talk with alot of you and god bless you.

Feared Eagle you're pretty alright yourself there mister. You represent your school and yourself well. Good luck to you and yours next season.

One more thing before I go away for a while. Both NCSdad posters, that BigSwo guy, and the rest are good people and very knowledgeable about their programs. Compassionate too, nice getting to talk with alot of you and god bless you.

I appreciate the good fans from NCS.  Great support and program. 

Exactly. Not at all criticizing the kids...they are good 1A players. But they are not D1 players. Sorry have been around too many legit D1 players throughout the years and these kids aren't it. Again not saying they aren't good, just doubt they will ever see playing time in the SEC. And after being around legit D1 SEC talent, one player like that can truly put a team (especially in 1A) on his back and get a W or at least contribute to a team scoring and getting more than 33 yards of offense. Sorry NCS fans but you do NOT have 6 D1 players....

Don't worry though, you are not the only team that is living in a dream world. Have heard rumors that several players from other 1A schools in your district think they are D1 as well...were talking these kids think they are playing at Indiana, Wake Forest, Brown, MTSU, WKU, etc.. What these players (and parents) don't get is that THIS IS 1A ball....you are playing against 5'6" 150 pound kids. Try playing and actually starting on a 5A or 6A school and then talk. But even then the chances are slim unless you are genetically blessed or can run a legit time...not the 'fat finger" or padding the stats (you know who you are). Laughable that so many of these young players claim they run a 40 faster than men (yes they are men, not boys) leaving college getting drafted in the NFL. And to clarify, anyone can "walk on" at these D1 schools...they need a practice squad. Until you actually suit up and play in a game, you are not a D1 player. Sure you can say "I played at a D1 school," but guess what... you really didn't!

Congrats again to UC for a total dominant performance against NCS. Have no doubt you will win the gold ball next week. And for the poster that wrote that all the awards are meaningless and the gold ball is all that matters, YOU ARE RIGHT! I bet every player out there would gladly give back their district awards voted on by coaches or team awards voted on by fellow players to get a gold ball.

Another positive, with UC losing so many starters, NCS will probably be the team to beat next season in 1A to get the gold ball.

To be such an expert, how do you pick Clarkville Academy to beat NCS. And Clarksville Academy to beat Columbia Academy by at least two scores. And NCS to beat Union City. You've filled these boards with the analysis of someone who knows nothing. You've been waiting to be right about something for a month. You evaluated the beatings you took against CA and NCS and derived that CA was the better team. Forgive me if your I find your talent evaluation to be flawed.

I agreed with those saying 6 D1 recruits was a silly number. I referenced it a few times. But there definitely are a few. A few that have the frame and the ability. A few that have been recognized by people with far more intelligence than you.

Good luck judging talent from the stands over the coming years. As I recall, you roughed it for the 1st half of the NCS game, and decided to go home. That gave you the insight to spew your ignorant, uninformed analysis for the entirety of the playoffs. Your views would have carried a little more weight had you said any of it before the game. I have no respect for the I told you so crowd that never told us anything until after the fact.

Good news for the boys at NCS is you haven't been right about anything yet and your opinion has zero baring on their future. This my friend, is fact.

Edited by bigb31072

I agreed with those saying 6 D1 recruits was a silly number. I referenced it a few times. But there definitely are a few. A few that have the frame and the ability. A few that have been recognized by people with far more intelligence than you.

Just saying until they actually play in a college game....

Did make some poor predictions this past season, probably just hopeful predictions. And not pretending to be an expert. But as I said, until these players put on the uniform and play a down, keep living the dream!

Just saying until they actually play in a college game....

Did make some poor predictions this past season, probably just hopeful predictions. And not pretending to be an expert. But as I said, until these players put on the uniform and play a down, keep living the dream!

Fair enough. I do think you're mistaken about 1 of them. Time will tell.

To be such an expert, how do you pick Clarkville Academy to beat NCS. And Clarksville Academy to beat Columbia Academy by at least two scores. And NCS to beat Union City. You've filled these boards with the analysis of someone who knows nothing. You've been waiting to be right about something for a month. You evaluated the beatings you took against CA and NCS and derived that CA was the better team. Forgive me if your I find your talent evaluation to be flawed.

Good luck judging talent from the stands over the coming years. As I recall, you roughed it for the 1st half of the NCS game, and decided to go home. That gave you the insight to spew your ignorant, uninformed analysis for the entirety of the playoffs. Your views would have carried a little more weight had you said any of it before the game. I have no respect for the I told you so crowd that never told us anything until after the fact.

Good news for the boys at NCS is you haven't been right about anything yet and your opinion has zero baring on their future. This my friend, is fact.

Agreed!; #35 (Bitulli?) is a legit D1 player, say what you want, also the concept of "team" always holds more weight than 1 player regardless of his talent. I am not going into detail but I have seen plenty players in TN on the 1A level play at the highest level, so nothing is as black and white as he made it sound.....lol

Edited by Kevin38