Ensworth vs Mba Championship game

drewpearson

Attendance for these games are never great, it wouldn't matter if they were in Murfreesboro or Nashville, the DII games are the least attended games.

What??? Seriously?? Are you watching the 5a game in an empty stadium? It wouldn't matter if the game was in Nashville ?? The two schools are a few miles apart but yet they have to drive to Cookeville on a Thursday night? Both Ensworth and MBA have much nicer stadiums and fields than cookeville. If the games were in Nashville, Mufreesboro or Chattanooga the attendance would triple just from local football fans.

Your update from Smith County crowd authority.

I take it that you realize that Ensworth and MBA combined have less students than the combined enrollment of Peabody and Marion County, the D1-AA participants?  In other words, the D2 "big" schools have the combined enrollment of about a D1-A1/2 game.  Not sure how many of the Marion County and Peabody kids go to college out of state after graduation, but virtually 100% of the Ensworth/MBA kids do; they have moved on with their lives and very very few, if any, come back to watch a mid-week high school game in Cookeville.  With virtually no walkup crowd (due to the venue and the day), it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the D2 crowds are about what one should expect.  Your opinion on the subject is meaningless.

I take it that you realize that Ensworth and MBA combined have less students than the combined enrollment of Peabody and Marion County, the D1-AA participants?  In other words, the D2 "big" schools have the combined enrollment of about a D1-A1/2 game.  Not sure how many of the Marion County and Peabody kids go to college out of state after graduation, but virtually 100% of the Ensworth/MBA kids do; they have moved on with their lives and very very few, if any, come back to watch a mid-week high school game in Cookeville.  With virtually no walkup crowd (due to the venue and the day), it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the D2 crowds are about what one should expect.  Your opinion on the subject is meaningless.

Actually...they don't have less students combined. I guess you realize I didn't elaborate on what the reasons were. I just stated the fact that there was nobody there. Because...uh..there was nobody there.

If my opinion is meaningless...then why did you answer with that all too familiar elitist attitude we all have come to love from you and yours.