Ensworth vs Mba Championship game

drewpearson

I can't remember the last time I actually posted on this board. I don't attend the games anymore (makes me too sad) but sometimes watch them on TV. I see the same old crap is still going on here though. Kind of funny really.

Glad you're still lurking. I don't post much anymore, and for the same reason. For those less jaded than us, here's the typical progression:

1) DII poster starts well-meaning topic discussing a game or relevant prep sports issue

2) DI poster ventures over and makes an attack, usually unfounded and unprovoked

3) DII posters defend themselves, sometimes excessively and always without chance of changing any opinions

4) The original DI attacker calls aforementioned DII posters elitist

5) The thread grinds to a halt after two pages of pettiness

6) The DII poster knows better than to start another thread on a well-meaning topic

Edited by WesVLT
  • Upvote 1

Glad you're still lurking. I don't post much anymore, and for the same reason. For those less jaded than us, here's the typical progression:

1) DII poster starts well-meaning topic discussing a game or relevant prep sports issue

2) DI poster ventures over and makes an attack, usually unfounded and unprovoked

3) DII posters defend themselves, sometimes excessively and always without chance of changing any opinions

6) The DII poster knows better than to start another thread on a well-meaning topic

Wes , Wes , Wes .... you left out the one about the DII poster going to the DI Boards to let all the DI fans know how inferior they are .... LOL  :mrgreen:

Can't agree with 2) unless you call pointing out there was a sparse crowd unfounded? Kinda difficult to defend that one since there is video evidence. The attack was on the aforementioned DI poster for saying (although correct) such a thing.

Off topic :

Is smith county where the caney fork river crosses over I40? I think I have passed by the school and football field once as I drove around a big accident coming back from Knoxville . School on left on a road as you are heading back toward the interstate ?

Thanks...we poor counties appreciate your handouts. We don't have anyone on the level of a MBA grad. Just a vp & a sec of state....founder of CCA...nobody notable.

As for attending a game...I'll pass. Thanks for the invitation.

Off topic :

Is smith county where the caney fork river crosses over I40? I think I have passed by the school and football field once as I drove around a big accident coming back from Knoxville . School on left on a road as you are heading back toward the interstate ?

That was likely Gordonsville. It is in Smith County also.

Before I die, I'd like to see Watertown play Gordonsville. There's a charm to small-town, small-school football that you just can't duplicate, no matter the talent in Ravenwood-Maryville, or MBA-Ensworth.

There are lots of games with small schools around here. Most any would be fun to attend.