Ensworth vs Mba Championship game

drewpearson

Well said, Wes.

Those of us that live in the real world understand that when your customer isn't buying what you are selling, it's not an option to lecture the customer on why he should want it. It's your job to come up with a better product. But every year we get the Pravda arriving after the game to explain to us it's our fault for not showing up.

MBA and ENS won their respective games two weeks ago and for the past two weeks every conversation I had with a fan from either side began with "I can't believe we have to play this game in Cookeville on Thursday night." Anyone with a functioning brain can figure out that if it is necessary that someone play during the week, it best be in a major population center, at least to offer the opportunity for a decent walk-up crowd and maybe to get a local participant (or two).

• Upvote 1

Well said, Wes.

Those of us that live in the real world understand that when your customer isn't buying what you are selling, it's not an option to lecture the customer on why he should want it. It's your job to come up with a better product. But every year we get the Pravda arriving after the game to explain to us it's our fault for not showing up.

MBA and ENS won their respective games two weeks ago and for the past two weeks every conversation I had with a fan from either side began with "I can't believe we have to play this game in Cookeville on Thursday night." Anyone with a functioning brain can figure out that if it is necessary that someone play during the week, it best be in a major population center, at least to offer the opportunity for a decent walk-up crowd and maybe to get a local participant (or two).

My ideal solution, short of combining DI and DII, which will likely never happen:

Consolidate TSSAA football to four DI classes. Keep the DII classes as they currently exist.

Give DII the autonomy to choose its championship site, within reason. Play the DII title games at the same site, on the same afternoon/evening, the Friday following Thanksgiving. Everybody is out of school, and a convenient venue/time would keep teams from having to travel on Thanksgiving Day itself. If Vandy were the host, a Friday game would mean minimal interference with its preparation for a Saturday home game.

Friday after Thanksgiving:

DII-A: 3pm

DII-AA: 7pm

Play the DI title games the following Friday and Saturday night, the first weekend of December.

Friday

1A -- 3pm

3A -- 7pm

Saturday

2A -- 3pm

4A -- 7pm

Both sets of games could retain the same sponsors and have the same media coverage.

There. Was that really all that hard?

Edited by WesVLT

Compressing down to four Division I classes is easier said than done but I agree it would help things, including distance of region opponents. I actually would like to see-if not a total split-for all the Ensworths and MBAs to come back in to the largest Division I class. There is no reason a CPA should remain when the largest public schools avoid such competition.

Compressing down to four Division I classes is easier said than done but I agree it would help things, including distance of region opponents. I actually would like to see-if not a total split-for all the Ensworths and MBAs to come back in to the largest Division I class. There is no reason a CPA should remain when the largest public schools avoid such competition.

Schools like BA, MBA and Ensworth would welcome a DI reunion with open arms. I salivate when I think of the local rivalries that would be restored: BA-Brentwood/Franklin/Ravenwood, MBA-Hillsboro/Pearl-Cohn, Father Ryan-Overton (they already play, but it would count)...and so many others. It would usher in a golden era of Tennessee prep football, and the public schools would be far more competitive than some likely fear.

Edited by WesVLT

It's 7-5-6a (all offensive players eligible receivers by position i.e., on the end of the line of scrimmage or legally in the backfield at the snap, and eligible by number (1-49, or 80-99). All defensive players are eligible. It's not actually my rule; it belongs to the National Federation of High Schools.

You should ask your boyfriend to explain a little about the game to you. I think you'll enjoy it more once you understand some of the basic points.

LOL u Got a Boyfriend??? Not my thing and it a judgement call from the ref along with all the others now go enjoy your Boyfriend!!!!

My ideal solution, short of combining DI and DII, which will likely never happen:

Consolidate TSSAA football to four DI classes. Keep the DII classes as they currently exist.

Give DII the autonomy to choose its championship site, within reason. Play the DII title games at the same site, on the same afternoon/evening, the Friday following Thanksgiving. Everybody is out of school, and a convenient venue/time would keep teams from having to travel on Thanksgiving Day itself. If Vandy were the host, a Friday game would mean minimal interference with its preparation for a Saturday home game.

Friday after Thanksgiving:

DII-A: 3pm

DII-AA: 7pm

Play the DI title games the following Friday and Saturday night, the first weekend of December.

Friday

1A -- 3pm

3A -- 7pm

Saturday

2A -- 3pm

4A -- 7pm

Both sets of games could retain the same sponsors and have the same media coverage.

There. Was that really all that hard?

You are obviously not familiar with t$$aa operations- anything that makes that

Much sense would never get a first let alone a econd thought- put it to a coaches vote and I think most would vote for it. Oh yeah T$$AA doesn't listen to coaches or common sense.

Antwan, just curious why you haven't commented on the sparse crowds at the 3 and 5 A games today? I made a scroll through the threads and didn't see you make that observation about sparse crowds today in other game threads. Apologies if you did.

Crowds are way larger for all 3 games today. Even in a driving rainstorm