Whitwell 2015 Tentative Schedule

CoachRCHelton

I kind of get what you mean. I don't think that mc will be as good without 1 and 66. I think they will be very very solid though. Lots more speed on the field next year. #8, freshman who has started most of the year on defense will step in number 10's shoes, #16 will be on the field. Offensive line returns everyone. Defense will still be good. Zeman is a huge loss but you keep assuming that mc will be a .500 team without him which is just not the case. I disagree with this statement, but the coach thinks they will be better next year. I say no way.

Does he go around telling people he will be better next season? I agree with you. I'm not sure how you can be better losing a player like Zemen. They simply don't come around often.

never said .500 but in your honest opinion is MC a one loss team getting ready to compete with a chance to go to state without Zeman? I don't think so - Zeman don't play tonight MC loses hands down.just my opinion - Your line is good and you have a good team all around but he is the difference maker. He is that darn good offensively and defensively. I hope MC wins the state I am pulling for them all the way. Good luck tonight and next year! Unlike some I think it's great when at least one local team represents and between us all, you guys have the best shot at that over the next few years.

Absolutely, they are not in the position they are in if you take away Zeman. Wouldn't have won last week. Next year is a different story. No, we won't have a dominating player like Zeman, but offensively the qb will be way better and we will be more versitile. Be harder to get the tough yards and defensively with Ross they will still be sound.

Does he go around telling people he will be better next season? I agree with you. I'm not sure how you can be better losing a player like Zemen. They simply don't come around often.

No, of course he doesn't, but he has mentioned that he thinks they will be better. Maybe that's just him being an optimist but he says second year in his system, plus the second year in his speed and conditioning program and the results are supposed to be off the charts. I am skeptical and certainly don't think they will be as good, but they will still be a solid ballclub

I think Helton has done a good job at Whitwell. I heard from a source in Chattanooga that he was going to East Ridge next year. Glad to see that is not true. I think Whitwell is going in right direction, however they will be tested next year. Get in weight room and get it done. Not playing Marion County could be best thing you could have done coach. When I was head coach there in 2006. we were 4-0 going into the Marion County game, with wins over Seguatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy. We lost to MC and I should have just took up their stuff. It was like our season was over, and really other than bragging rights that game really did not matter as far as district play., and we ended up going 4-6 and missed the playoffs. Mindset of community at that time, I hope it has changed. At that time they did not know how to handle success. Just reading these boards I can see things seem to have changed. Was by there this week and facilities looked great. Go Tigers!

I think Helton has done a good job at Whitwell. I heard from a source in Chattanooga that he was going to East Ridge next year. Glad to see that is not true. I think Whitwell is going in right direction, however they will be tested next year. Get in weight room and get it done. Not playing Marion County could be best thing you could have done coach. When I was head coach there in 2006. we were 4-0 going into the Marion County game, with wins over Seguatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy. We lost to MC and I should have just took up their stuff. It was like our season was over, and really other than bragging rights that game really did not matter as far as district play., and we ended up going 4-6 and missed the playoffs. Mindset of community at that time, I hope it has changed. At that time they did not know how to handle success. Just reading these boards I can see things seem to have changed. Was by there this week and facilities looked great. Go Tigers!

Thanks Coach! We hope you get a chance to come to a game in 2015. If you can make it to one, I don't think you will be disappointed. We have quite a few young men out for wrestling. It will pay off!

Thanks Coach! We hope you get a chance to come to a game in 2015. If you can make it to one, I don't think you will be disappointed. We have quite a few young men out for wrestling. It will pay off!

Thanks, and trust me if I can make it happen I will.

Wrestling helps kids get in control of their bodies, and gain confidence. Awsome sport for football players if they do not drop muscle weight.

Edited by possum

Coach..any dates on spring scrimmages?

Wingman, we don't have scrimmages set yet. Waiting to see the #'s we will have for Spring Ball. Had to run Spring last year without a QB as both were in baseball. We were able to get reps with #7 taking snaps. We did not have enough for a red and white game. I believe we may see more interest this year. We also did double duty to get base stuff installed with incoming Freshmen. HS Staff ran Spring Ball for Middle School after HS was done so we could have the incoming guys get familiar with system. We are not afforded the same opportunities as some schools who have MS and HS in same buildings (in accordance with TSSAA guidelines). I am researching Title VI standing regarding an equal protection issue to seek a potential remedy for that.

Wingman, we don't have scrimmages set yet. Waiting to see the #'s we will have for Spring Ball. Had to run Spring last year without a QB as both were in baseball. We were able to get reps with #7 taking snaps. We did not have enough for a red and white game. I believe we may see more interest this year. We also did double duty to get base stuff installed with incoming Freshmen. HS Staff ran Spring Ball for Middle School after HS was done so we could have the incoming guys get familiar with system. We are not afforded the same opportunities as some schools who have MS and HS in same buildings (in accordance with TSSAA guidelines). I am researching Title VI standing regarding an equal protection issue to seek a potential remedy for that.

I'll be keeping up and pulling for you fellers every week. I love seeing hard work pay off. As the old saying goes, the harder I work, the luckier I get.