CPA vs Alcoa in State Game

heatwave

Been reading threads most of the year and have noticed that several posters seem to accuse us of recruiting after we lay the wood to their team. It's also obvious that those people are going to believe whatever they choose to believe. But it is what it is. We KNOW we don't recruit because we don't need to. The name "Alcoa" and our 13 gold footballs is enough to attract players to our program.

There's a term for people accusing us of recruiting after we defeat their team: whiners.  Whiners don't play ball in Alcoa.  Neither the coaches nor the community has time for that.

Like Randall Cobb said: All we know is work. All we know is grind. 

CPA had the ball 7 times against Westmoreland and scored 6 and had 1/3 of the time of possession at best. Not saying Westy is close to Alcoa, but time of possession only matters if the other team does not score when it has the ball. It's all about scoring when you have it. If you score when you get the ball, you can't lose unless the other team scores and recovers onside kicks.

Westmoreland had a small offensive line with average size backfield. They had no trouble running the ball on CPA They had two backs with over a hundred yards. What is CPA going to do against a bigger line and a lot bigger back? CPA offense is really good but Alcoa defense should be better than anybody that CPA has played against. I think Alcoa wins again unless Coach Martin has several trick plays up his sleeve. Only time will tell. Good luck to both teams

Neither do we.

Don't pay attention to that clown. He thinks all private schools and teams that win 13 state titles recruit, simply because his own team (Jackson County) is no match for us.

Oh I know full well that Alcoa doesn't recruit and I'm a CPA fan.. People on these threads are just so stupid and are jealous of both teams winning success
  • Upvote 1

Neither do we.

Don't pay attention to that clown. He thinks all private schools and teams that win 13 state titles recruit, simply because his own team (Jackson County) is no match for us.

Good one! Welcome to CoachT, where Alcoa fans are seen as classless people who live through 17-18 year old kids while living on food stamps and government housing. I guess people just can't stand the thought of us supporting a team that steamrolls their en route to the state championship. Oh well....

Good one! Welcome to CoachT, where Alcoa fans are seen as classless people who live through 17-18 year old kids while living on food stamps and government housing. I guess people just can't stand the thought of us supporting a team that steamrolls their en route to the state championship. Oh well....

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to embrace it and let 'em hate!

• Upvote 1