Blue Cross Bowl: Fulton vs Trezevant

BigDave1967

You can hang up trying to pick and choose which classes are important lol. Just so happens you decide to include 3A and 4A in your "important classes" because east tn has 2 dominant programs in them. I bet if Alcoa was 2A then you would say 2A counts. Lol ridiculous. The west smacked the east around in 1A, 2A, and 4A. The points don't indicated to 4A game though.

First of all, the West didn't smack anyone around in 4A, and they haven't in a long time. The EAST won 4A. Just like 2013, and 2012, and 2011, and 2010 and so on. If you want to include small schools, I'll include Knoxville Webb....the team from the east that routinely wins state championships in the private small school classification.

The East has smaller school teams like Alcoa (could be in 2A next year if they didn't choose to play up) and Fulton that any given year can beat 95% of schools from any classification. Union City and Peabody? Not so much. Year in and year out, the East is stronger. I'll give you basketball though

First of all, the West didn't smack anyone around in 4A, and they haven't in a long time. The EAST won 4A. Just like 2013, and 2012, and 2011, and 2010 and so on. If you want to include small schools, I'll include Knoxville Webb....the team from the east that routinely winschools state championships in the private small school classification.

The East has smaller school tbasicallyeams like Alcoa (could be in 2A next year if they didn't choose to play up) and Fulton that any given year can beat 95% of schools from any classification. Union City and Peabody? Not so much. Year in and year out, the East is stronger. I'll give you basketball though

This is 2014 so I can only talk about what happened THIS year. Discredit the kids in 1A and 2A because Yall lost those 2 games? Never. Give it up. The east did a good job this year. I always give respect to whoever wins. You mentioned Alcoa playing up. Did u know that Trezevant has been playing up? They have lowest enrollment of any school playing in 4A in the state. That's why they will be in 2A next year. Thus, did you watch the nationally ranked Fulton vs Trezevant? Did you see who outplayed who? Who controlled the game and have it away? Enough said. Also, you are probably unaware that most Memphis schools have been playing up. If they were in the correct classes then no way the east beats the west each year. You will see next year as a lot of Memphis schools have decided to go ahead and play in their correct classes instead of continuing to play up. Example, 5A big dawgs Ridgeway and Mem East will be in 4A next year. 5A Melrose will be playing in 3A. Mitchell will be in 1A. 6A Mem Central will be in 5A. Hmmmmm Lee's see if 4A and 3A are so easy to win in the future for the east. Once again congrats to EVERYONE who won a gold ball. 1A-6A

From BTWSherriff [/size]

Championship wise, no. However the east was not very impressive this weekend. We heard so much about the number 17 team in America Fulton scoring 60-70- and 80 points every week. We all watched the same game. Trezevant controlled the game and had a lot of unforced fumbles as well as forced fumbles. Trezevant shot themselves in the foot. [/size]

Response - [/size]

Gave trezevant ton of credit - great team .. yea you fumbled a bunch only 3 of those turned into points .. our 1 fumble turned into points for you .. we failed to score inside 10 yard line at end of  half with Interception .. thats 2 we gave you  ... so yea Trezevant dropped the ball but the center was getting knocked back and the QB was having to fall on ball ... you guys were tough ..and you expect to play tough teams in finals ... Trezevant had some of best looking players, athletes around ... speed on speed .. we knew we couldnt run wide on you and you didnt run wide on us .. most yards were up the middle ... our QB was off a bit so out passing game was not what it usually is ..but Trezevant covered well .... fact is we should have been up 33-6 at half ... and you guys may fold but as it 22-6 .. and you guys have life because we didnt take advantage .. your defense stout .. we havent seen a defense like that all year ... but the fact is when you are a championship team like Fulton ( 3PEAT) - 6 GOLDS , 2 SILVERS since 2003 - you know how to win .. these games dont affect you ..clearly Trezevant not used to the environment ... 2A you guys will dominate with #5 and others ... Good Luck ... 3 PEAT BABY !!!!!!!   [/size]

Congrats. What does next year look like? Which kids are committed to colleges? 21 was sweet

Congrats. What does next year look like? Which kids are committed to colleges? 21 was sweet

Right now only #57 committed  to MTSU 6'5 275 OL/DL .. bad hamstring didnt play alot Sat .. dont know who looking at #21 .. #27, #8 are a couple some colleges are looking at .. Trezevant should have quite a few also .. specimens on that defense .. let me clear up one thing .. noone at Fulton or Fulton fans really think they were actually were nationally ranked ... there are so many better teams in Ga, Fla, Texas etc ... they were ranked because of point differentials and thise type stories .. most of Fultons points this season were scored in 1st and 2nd Qtrs , punt returns, KO return , Int return , 1 play runs or passes .. offense had some games where they didnt click very well .. but they would be so far ahead that the subs played 2nd halfs of all the mercy rule games ... heck the 3rd string TB was leading rusher half way thru season .. I think Trezevant defense and Fulton defense definately in top 3 or 4 in state regardless of class. Good Luck ..looks like you guys loose alot .. # 5 again was a stud ..   

I think we return about 4 or 5 on both sides of ball ... we will not be as good for sure ... loosing #21, #8, #57, #56,#64, #9, #10, #2,#17 and those guys have a 3 PEAT .. alot of good players ... but maybe we can compete .. IMO we will have too many required to play both sides of ball ...  

Don't have a dawg in this fight but I have been to Knoxville many times on my way to Gatlinburg and the smokey mts. It is maybe 20-30 miles. Far from 100.

I think he was refering to what people would call "hill folk" Northeast Tn. I was raised in Northeast Tn and live in Knoxville now and Knoxville are not "hill folk"

I think he was refering to what people would call "hill folk" Northeast Tn. I was raised in Northeast Tn and live in Knoxville now and Knoxville are not "hill folk"

I thought he was referring geographically to people that live in the hills. And thought that people living in and around Knoxville fit the bill. Not talking about stereotypes but I see what you are saying.

This is 2014 so I can only talk about what happened THIS year. Discredit the kids in 1A and 2A because Yall lost those 2 games? Never. Give it up. The east did a good job this year. I always give respect to whoever wins. You mentioned Alcoa playing up. Did u know that Trezevant has been playing up? They have lowest enrollment of any school playing in 4A in the state. That's why they will be in 2A next year. Thus, did you watch the nationally ranked Fulton vs Trezevant? Did you see who outplayed who? Who controlled the game and have it away? Enough said. Also, you are probably unaware that most Memphis schools have been playing up. If they were in the correct classes then no way the east beats the west each year. You will see next year as a lot of Memphis schools have decided to go ahead and play in their correct classes instead of continuing to play up. Example, 5A big dawgs Ridgeway and Mem East will be in 4A next year. 5A Melrose will be playing in 3A. Mitchell will be in 1A. 6A Mem Central will be in 5A. Hmmmmm Lee's see if 4A and 3A are so easy to win in the future for the east. Once again congrats to EVERYONE who won a gold ball. 1A-6A

Once again, I don't consider a central time zone team like Marion County to be an East TN team. But congrats on beating the 1A team from Coalfield. Really impressive showing.

And yes, I watched Fulton out-perform Trezevant. I have never in my life witnessed a team fumble 10 times in one game.....until now. That was pitiful. They deserved to lose to the nationally-ranked Falcons (by the way, east TN fans aren't responsible for their national ranking.....national experts ranked them).

Hmmmm, do you honestly think that Memphis teams are the only ones that choose to play up??

Lastly, I keep hearing about all these powerhouse Memphis teams. But I never see them lift a gold ball. The only thing that you have to brag about over the east is a team that's 2 hours away from Memphis winning a gold ball for you in 1A football. Congrats

I thought he was referring geographically to people that live in the hills. And thought that people living in and around Knoxville fit the bill. Not talking about stereotypes but I see what you are saying.

I gotcha. The "hill folk" comment was being used as a stereotype earlier in the thread by a fan from Memphis saying ppl "hill folk" in knoxville don't know what some of these kids in Memphis go through. That's like me saying since Milan is in west tn then I think you are "hood". What alot of ppl don't know is that Fulton isn't in the safest area in knoxville.