Tri-County Seven Week #3

coachh17

I saw some more of our teams in the Thanksgiving Classic at Happy Valley.  I think things will shake out in our rankings as many of our teams play each other before Christmas.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (4-0)-  Beat Cherokee by 55 and beat a good Greeneville team by 8.  The Lady Cyclones are still working on different combinations of their top 9 players.  Host North Tuesday and visit Happy Valley for an interesting game on Friday.

2. Happy Valley- (AA) (5-1)-  Beat Central by 13, Crockett by 13, and Boone by 6 in their own Thanksgiving tournament.  The Lady Warriors look pretty good and we will see how good as they visit Unicoi County on Tuesday and host Elizabethton on Friday.

3. Hampton- (A) (3-0)-  Beat South by 12 and Cherokee by 19.  Swearingen and Grubbs look solid, though I am not sure either is a true point guard.  I think Tatum Street is very talented, though she was in foul trouble in the South game.  The two six footers have potential with some development. The freshman Tuelle also shows promise.  This could be a dangerous single A team come tournament time.

4. Unicoi Co.- (AA) (1-5)-  Lost to Oliver Springs by 1 and Oneida by 16.  The Lady Devils are off to a rough start.  A chance for a big win at home against Happy Valley on Tuesday might turn things around.

5. Cloudland- (A) (1-2)-  Beat South by 15 and Lost to Crockett by 3.  Coach Birchfield's team may be a bit inconsistent until the younger players get some experience.  Somebody please post their schedule.

6. Johnson Co.- (AA) (1-2)-  No games posted.

7. Unaka- (A) (0-4)-  Only lost to North Greene by 4 and then lost to South Greene by 26.  The Lady Rangers appear competitive.  Beating Grainger on Tuesday will be a tall order, even at home.

Edited by coachh17

Don't see a lot of change for the top or the bottom throughout the season.  Hampton, Unicoi and Cloudland could change their ranking by the week.  Elizabethton is a notch above everyone else with Happy Valley being a little better than the rest.  Unaka should remain at the bottom with Johnson County being a little better than them.  The lower teams should improve throughout the year but can't see anyone challenging Elizabethton for the top spot.  Someone might beat Happy Valley if they are having an off night shooting.  Haven't seen Unicoi play this year but they don't seem to have the same level of play since Coach Fisher retired.  Coachh and King (or anyone), to put you in the hot seat how about ranking the coaches.  Not to put any coach down (know it takes a special kind of person to coach today) but just interested to see how you all view the coaches.  I think we have a very good group of coaches in this area.  Maybe points for x's and o's, motivation, public relations and rapport with players.  How about it?

Don't see a lot of change for the top or the bottom throughout the season.  Hampton, Unicoi and Cloudland could change their ranking by the week.  Elizabethton is a notch above everyone else with Happy Valley being a little better than the rest.  Unaka should remain at the bottom with Johnson County being a little better than them.  The lower teams should improve throughout the year but can't see anyone challenging Elizabethton for the top spot.  Someone might beat Happy Valley if they are having an off night shooting.  Haven't seen Unicoi play this year but they don't seem to have the same level of play since Coach Fisher retired.  Coachh and King (or anyone), to put you in the hot seat how about ranking the coaches.  Not to put any coach down (know it takes a special kind of person to coach today) but just interested to see how you all view the coaches.  I think we have a very good group of coaches in this area.  Maybe points for x's and o's, motivation, public relations and rapport with players.  How about it?

I hope M. Birchfield stays at cloudland forever.  He is a great motivator, always knows what to say to the press.  Treats all the players the same.  He is a team player who loves cloudland and commands respect.  He always has a great game plan.  Keep in mind, this is someone I didn't really get along with in high school, but it just goes to show that we all grow and change later in our lives.  I can't think of a better man to coach our young ladies and I hope my girls get to play for him.

I hope M. Birchfield stays at cloudland forever.  He is a great motivator, always knows what to say to the press.  Treats all the players the same.  He is a team player who loves cloudland and commands respect.  He always has a great game plan.  Keep in mind, this is someone I didn't really get along with in high school, but it just goes to show that we all grow and change later in our lives.  I can't think of a better man to coach our young ladies and I hope my girls get to play for him.

Dang good coach with a TON of fire.I've always enjoyed watching him Coach. He don't have the overall talent he's had over the years ,but they'll win several games.