Region 1

humorwrestling

Injury and weight cut got the best of him if you ask me. Was told he looked very very tough at Jeff CO's practice tonight.

I'm not sure "looking good at JeffCo's practice tonight" will help all that much in Franklin.

And to say region doesnt really matter is a cop out for those who didn't win. Of course it matters, if you go in as a 4, you wrestle a 1 from another region. As is the case with Broyles, whatever the reason for his bad performance at region, it will definitely affect him at State.

I'm not sure "looking good at JeffCo's practice tonight" will help all that much in Franklin.

And to say region doesnt really matter is a cop out for those who didn't win. Of course it matters, if you go in as a 4, you wrestle a 1 from another region. As is the case with Broyles, whatever the reason for his bad performance at region, it will definitely affect him at State.

"Cop out" - AKA excuse... Not. I was making the point that if your injuried why risk further injury in a regional bout after your already qualified to go to state.

If your in good health another matter all together... In that case cop out would be a good characterization.

Yes any injury is gonna affect him at state.... Agreed...

As far as the order in which you face your opponents- it MAY make some difference but at the end of the day- you have to beat the kids in your bracket- the order in which you beat them doesn't matter... You still have to beat them...

And it's hard to miss your snide comment about JEFFCO's practice. What's the basis of your derogatory comment- please educate the rest of us.

Not a comment about JeffCo's practice, I have zero knowledge of their practice. I was simply stating that after his 4th place finish on Saturday AND drawing the #1 seed, a good practice today still probably not going to help.

A perfect example of why region does matter.

Understood reference practice- written words are easy to misinterpret... Nuff said.

Agreed one practice isn't going to change much. If you have followed the thread it is generally agreed that he's injuried- although no one knows for sure- 100% speculation... His ability to "go" at practice and wrestle hard impacts my impression his readiness...

I want this kid to finish strong. Nothing more...

Regions matter in the sense of who's tail you have to beat first- so he's got #1 first- good! Take the best guy in the bracket out while your fresh and on day 1. Day two and three when your less fresh and more haggard from battle- easier opponents- makes sense to me.

I don't didnt won't totally dismiss region placement I'm just saying it don't mean everything And there is more than one angle to see it from. I see your point(s) we can agree to disagree.

Not a comment about JeffCo's practice, I have zero knowledge of their practice. I was simply stating that after his 4th place finish on Saturday AND drawing the #1 seed, a good practice today still probably not going to help.

A perfect example of why region does matter.

Understood reference practice- written words are easy to misinterpret... Nuff said.

Agreed one practice isn't going to change much. If you have followed the thread it is generally agreed that he's injuried- although no one knows for sure- 100% speculation... His ability to "go" at practice and wrestle hard impacts my impression his readiness...

I want this kid to finish strong. Nothing more...

Regions matter in the sense of who's tail you have to beat first- so he's got #1 first- good! Take the best guy in the bracket out while your fresh and on day 1. Day two and three when your less fresh and more haggard from battle- easier opponents- makes sense to me.

I don't didnt won't totally dismiss region placement I'm just saying it don't mean everything And there is more than one angle to see it from. I see your point(s) we can agree to disagree.

Who are your picks?

the reason I dont answer this - is I dont want to take away from any wrestler I dont know well enough on their trip to state.  I have firm choices and some that if they really put it all together can medal... just takes an upset or two...  You asked for a number of how many will medal and seven is mine...