TSWA 1A All-State Team

RudyWasOffsides

You just showed your ignorance.  Orngnblk is a Greenback Cherokee. Frankly, there was probably only 1 Pirate this year that could have been considered at all. However, I don't how you think it isn't suspect for a team that gets blown out in the finals to get 5 all-state players. 

It has nothing to do with my team having an off season. We weren't good. It's no secret. We had zero deserving all state. I remember one season of 2007 where SP went 15-0 and had 5-6 guys make it. That was probably too many as well. Yes, it is watered down for everyone including SP.

My apologies to O&B for my misguided assumption and thank you rlh for your guiding wisdom. What so many of you don't seem to realize about all-state selection is that it's all about getting recognition. If your team is sitting at the house on week 11 or 12 it doesn't matter, except in a few instants, how good of a player you are, no one is going to hear your name. That's just common sense. As far as Coalfield goes, who are you or anyone else on here to say how many all-state players they should have had. And to whoever said that all-state meant more or was better at selections back under the old 3 division system, I say poppycock! I played under that system. There were many and I mean MANY fine ballplayers that didn't get it. It was the same then as now, recognition throughout the playoffs and title games. Congratulations to all who made the team this year and to all those who didn't, awards are great, but it's all about the game.

You just showed your ignorance. Orngnblk is a Greenback Cherokee. Frankly, there was probably only 1 Pirate this year that could have been considered at all. However, I don't how you think it isn't suspect for a team that gets blown out in the finals to get 5 all-state players.

you say get blown out the final score says so but coalfield was a dropped pass from being up at halftime. Granted they turned the ball over 4 times in the early third that helped uc out but I think they played uc as tough as anybody all year including ncs and the 2a state champs Peabody. So yes they might deserve 5 Allstate players. Uc did also blowout the 2a state champs. Take the first 4 minutes out of the 3rd quarter of the championship game and cf is probably within a touchdown or two of the well deserving uc state champs. That said maybe uc deserved 9 allstate players and cf 2 and nobody else any. Everybody happy.

you say get blown out the final score says so but coalfield was a dropped pass from being up at halftime. Granted they turned the ball over 4 times in the early third that helped uc out but I think they played uc as tough as anybody all year including ncs and the 2a state champs Peabody. So yes they might deserve 5 Allstate players. Uc did also blowout the 2a state champs. Take the first 4 minutes out of the 3rd quarter of the championship game and cf is probably within a touchdown or two of the well deserving uc state champs. That said maybe uc deserved 9 allstate players and cf 2 and nobody else any. Everybody happy.

Yes that 9 and 2 sounds better to me.

Surprised that Anderson didn't make it out Greenback.

This one is somewhat of a mystery to me also.Anderson is one for GB i would have thought was a shoe in with McCloud.IMO.Not takin nothing away from the other two other than McCloud who made it they had a good yr but McCloud and Anderson where the leaders for the past two yrs. Edited by orngnblk