Sequatchie County Indians hire Adam Caine as HC

SCPRIDE30

I attended the Parent Meeting Monday night and I have to say the more I hear from Coach Caine the more I like him.  While he still has yet to coach a down as a HC he has earned my respect. 

I joined the QB Club out of HS over 15 years ago and have now been associated with six coaches in Sequatchie history and I have never heard a head coach talk with the passion and desire that he does.   Not just for football but in turning these kids into men and preparing them for life after high school. 

• 4 weeks later...

veral problems. Hopefully a change in leadership will help. We have been going in wrong direction for several years and now there are probably 20 kids not playing who would get considerable playing time. I expect another 3-7, 5-5 season. Okay, this is a South Pittsburg thread. Sorry. What is a realistic expectation for the Pirates this year?

I'm aware of that but I wouldn't go that for in saying that many would get playing time.  

As for as the ones that decided not to play, well that is there problem not Coach Caine or any of the other players that are on the team and ready to go! 

The ones that are there looked very good in the spring.  I don't know what they lost from last season after going (9-3) but the Indians dominated Hixson in everything they did in the scrimmage (7on7, OL-DL drills, scrimmage action)  with the exception of the big OL that was All-State last year.

I wasn't able to attend but heard from several that the Grace scrimmage was even worse!

Barring injuries or any other unforeseen happenings I think 7 wins is a possibility with this new schedule and I don't see any game that we shouldn't be competitive in.  I heard the coach say that the goal is to not only make the Playoffs but to host a 1st rd. game!

Edited by Sequatchie

I like your optimism. I really do, but I just don't see it. This team wins 7 games then he should be district coach of the year. I don't put a lot into scrimmages. Last season we tied Hixson in a scrimmage and beat McMinn Central. I really would like to see a good season but I don't see anymore than 5 wins at best. You are wrong about the kids not playing. That will be the reason this team will struggle. If the QB from Grundy comes like I am hearing it will make the offense somewhat better. There is two games on the schedule they should win. Four they will lose and four toss ups. Maybe I will be wrong.

I like your optimism. I really do, but I just don't see it. This team wins 7 games then he should be district coach of the year. I don't put a lot into scrimmages. Last season we tied Hixson in a scrimmage and beat McMinn Central. I really would like to see a good season but I don't see anymore than 5 wins at best. You are wrong about the kids not playing. That will be the reason this team will struggle. If the QB from Grundy comes like I am hearing it will make the offense somewhat better. There is two games on the schedule they should win. Four they will lose and four toss ups. Maybe I will be wrong.

who are u think the 4 loses are, 4 toss ups, and two give me's?

who are u think the 4 loses are, 4 toss ups, and two give me's?

pretty close to what I think expect for Warren, I would put that in the toss up catigorey. The might be one of the worst 6a programs in the state.

Hence being 6A will be a problem and they finally have a pretty good coach in place. Player for player they will be much better than Sequatchie.