Tri-County Seven Week #9

coachh17

There are no changes this week, though Cloudland nearly shook things way up in losing in OT to Happy Valley.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (16-0)-  Beat a pretty good Hampton team by 35, Johnson County by 58, and Sullivan South by 44.  Host Happy Valley Tuesday, visit Sullivan North Friday, and visit Unicoi County Saturday.  Kelci Marosites joined sister Kayla as a 1,000 point scorer on a three ball against South.  Not surprisingly, sister Kayla assisted on the shot.  This team is relentless.

2. Happy Valley- (AA) (12-5)-  Suffered a very disappointing 21 point league loss to Sullivan East.  Beat University High by 32, and escaped with an overtime win by 5 over Cloudland.  Jenna Eaton hit a half court buzzer beater to get the game into overtime.  We will see what Happy Valley is made of this week.  They are at Elizabethton Tuesday and host Unicoi County Friday and Hampton Saturday for a very tough week.

3. Hampton- (A) (8-8)-  Lost to Elizabethton by 35 and to North Greene by 3.  The Lady Dogs have a tough week upcoming.  They are at South Greene Tuesday, host Cloudland Friday, and visit Happy Valley Saturday.  Do not let the 8-8 record deceive you.  This is a good single A team that could reach Murfreesboro.

4. Unicoi Co.- (AA) (9-9)-  Beat South by 3 and Johnson County by 39 to even their record at 9-9.  Host North Monday and then visit Happy Valley Friday and host Elizabethton Saturday for two huge games.

5. Cloudland- (A) (5-9)-  Beat Unaka.  Someone please post that score.  Also beat U-H by 22 and then lost a heartbreaker to Happy Valley by 5 in overtime.  Visit Johnson County Tuesday and Hampton Friday.  They are improving.

6. Unaka- (A) (4-12)-  Lost to Cloudland and to South Greene by 31.  Have a tough week coming up.  They are at North Greene Tuesday and host Cosby Friday.

7. Johnson Co.- (AA) (1-11)-  Lost to Elizabethton by 58 and Unicoi Co. by 39.  Host Cloudland Tuesday.

HUGE win for the Lady Dogs tonight over South Greene! This marks the first time the Lady Dogs have EVER won at South Greene. They led basically throughout the game, and simply extended the lead as the game went on. This bunch is starting to grow up and gel, and they may prove to be a major handful come tourney time!

HUGE win for the Lady Dogs tonight over South Greene! This marks the first time the Lady Dogs have EVER won at South Greene. They led basically throughout the game, and simply extended the lead as the game went on. This bunch is starting to grow up and gel, and they may prove to be a major handful come tourney time!

I've been impressed with these girls, they've improved with  leaps and bounds.

This is a huge win for the Lady Dogs. I figured it was SG at the top of the heap with some margin and then NG, Hampton and Cloudland vying for the second spot. That is likely still the case, but the tournament could be interesting.

We could have won the whole thing last year too. We just happened to play one of the best teams in the sub-state and lost in ot. One of the hardest fought games ever played in roan mountain

In my opinion Cloudland had a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing a few years back when they lost to Clay Co. However, it's not likely they would have brought home the gold ball last year even if they had won the substate game (against Meigs Co. if memory serves me). I was there and saw all the teams play and no one in 1A had anything for Union City. I do think they could have potentially made the championship game if drawn opposite of UC though.