Traditional State Predictions

rgiii

Is that a bet?

Like I told Soms about the Dii , let me think on it a bit . Although I'm pretty sure about Cleveland vs Bradley. It's almost impossible for everything to go in your favor 2 matches in a row. The forfeit at 120 alone could change the outcome of the whole match. I'll post my predictions on the final score soon

Are they making some weight adjustments?

Sutherland, Seagraves, Parker should be shoe ins for championships. Schmissrateur (spelling?) has a good shot, Murphy normally would be a shoe in but may have a tough weight with King and Dendy, I would still put my money on Murphy despite the earlier loss to King. Im not familiar with their younger guys. Do any of them have a shot? I know they have a stud 8th grader. Canada and Powell should be in contention as well I would think. Who else am I missing?

An easy way to solve the crowded 138 division- Dendy goes 132, King stays at 138 and Murphy goes 145 or some variation thereof.

Can you still log in and see what people have been weighing in at? I would say people are on the decent if that's the case. I don't know Murphy personally but it appears that would hurt their lineup for him to bump up plus he seems like a very small 138 to begin with. Who knows where they will end up but if they all stay there it will be a heck of a tournament

Was taking a look at Baylor's results from some tournament in Alabama last weekend. It showed them having a new kid at 182 named Cole Hollaway. That name sounds familiar for some reason. Don't know if he's any good but at least they won't have to forfeit that weight this time against FR.

Cole Hollaway: 2011 State Champ at 103 and 2015 State Champ at 182… now that's a good story, if I've ever heard one.

• Upvote 2

I believe mccallie and Baylor both are allowed to wrestle as 8th graders since they have a middle school. Zach Watson and tj Duncan both won it as 8th graders.

Any TSSAA school, public or private,  may use 8th graders on varsity teams as long as they share the same campus. Signal Mountain HS, for example, can and has used 8th graders. 

Certain sports see scenarios where it's possible, like wrestling with the 106 lb. class.

-TH

Edited by pantheon