State Duals

rgiii

What are your early Predictions?

D I- I know Bradley beat Cleveland already but I don't see them doing it again. Cleveland obviously needs their 120 lber healthy this time and they have to win one or two of those swing matches Bradley seemed to win all of . Bradley is certainly capable of doing it again but its going to take a monumental effort. Have Wilson central and Bradley wrestled this year?

DII- Baylor all the way in this one. I think they win both the traditional and duals but for sure the duals.  Father Ryan could move a few around to get better match ups and get some help from other schools in the traditional but I don't think they have enough to beat them heads up in a dual.  Were both teams full speed at their meeting at Cleveland duals? It seems like Baylor even forfeited a weight or two.   

Edited by rgiii

Mccallie, Baylor, MBA, or Father Ryan could win it on any given day.

It looks like Baylor wrestles Father Ryan and Mba this week and McCallie wrestles Mba and Father Ryan. Not sure if everyone is healthy as of now. It appears some of the Mccallie kids have been banged up and Baylor hasn't had a full lineup the entire season. Not sure abut Father Ryan and Mba. Baylor beat father Ryan at the Cleveland duals without their full line up and a mild upset with King over Murphy. I don't think anyone gets within 20 pts of them this time.

Below are the Bradley vs Cleveland results.

I see 6 swing matches and all went in favor of Bradley, Put the deducted team point back for Cleveland and it was 39-28.

Cleveland forfeited 120, lets say they wrestle there and lose by decision and the score is now 36-28. If Cleveland wins there the score is 33- 31 Bradley.

That leaves 5 swing matches and all they have to do is win 1 more match.

Also I think they can get more bonus at 160 and Im not sure Bradley pins again at 126.

Bradley could win again but they will have to wrestle a perfect match again. I don't see much more room for improvement on their end but I see a lot of places Cleveland can make up some ground. My prediction Cleveland by 9. 

Posted 5 days ago

Bradley Central  39 – Cleveland 27

@Cleveland  Tuesday 1/6/15

145 –Ezra Taylor (Cl) pinned Donnie Beyers (BC)  3:01

152 – Caleb Adkins (BC) dec Robert Hicks (Cl) 3-0

160 – Aaron Oliver (Cl) maj Clay Bnady (BC) 10-2

170 – Corey Gatlin (BC) dec  Jonathon Martin (Cl) 6-1

182 – Brett Brown (BC) pinned Riley Stevison (Cl) :50

195 – Edward Elkins (BC) dec Samuel Garcia (Cl) 5-2

220 – John Gaither (Cl) pinned Triipp Storrs (BC) 1:28

285 – Koran Kennedy (Cl) pinned D.J. Adams (BC) 2:20

106 -  T.J. Hicks (BC dec Cody Mathews (Cl) 2-1

113 – Toribo Narvarro (BC) oinned Jayce Mullins (Cl) :25

120 – Ryan McElhaney (BC) rec;d forfeit

126 – Knox Fuller (BC) pinned Tristan Blansit (Cl) 2:30

132 – Chris Debien (Cl) pinned Hunter Parker (BC)  2:27

138 – Stephen Scott (BC) dec Joseph Bowers (Cl) 6-3

Cleveland penalized 1 team point.

Below are the Bradley vs Cleveland results.

I see 6 swing matches and all went in favor of Bradley, Put the deducted team point back for Cleveland and it was 39-28.

Cleveland forfeited 120, lets say they wrestle there and lose by decision and the score is now 36-28. If Cleveland wins there the score is 33- 31 Bradley.

That leaves 5 swing matches and all they have to do is win 1 more match.

Also I think they can get more bonus at 160 and Im not sure Bradley pins again at 126.

Bradley could win again but they will have to wrestle a perfect match again. I don't see much more room for improvement on their end but I see a lot of places Cleveland can make up some ground. My prediction Cleveland by 9.

Posted 5 days ago

Bradley Central 39 – Cleveland 27

@Cleveland Tuesday 1/6/15

145 –Ezra Taylor (Cl) pinned Donnie Beyers (BC) 3:01

152 – Caleb Adkins (BC) dec Robert Hicks (Cl) 3-0

160 – Aaron Oliver (Cl) maj Clay Bnady (BC) 10-2

170 – Corey Gatlin (BC) dec Jonathon Martin (Cl) 6-1

182 – Brett Brown (BC) pinned Riley Stevison (Cl) :50

195 – Edward Elkins (BC) dec Samuel Garcia (Cl) 5-2

220 – John Gaither (Cl) pinned Triipp Storrs (BC) 1:28

285 – Koran Kennedy (Cl) pinned D.J. Adams (BC) 2:20

106 - T.J. Hicks (BC dec Cody Mathews (Cl) 2-1

113 – Toribo Narvarro (BC) oinned Jayce Mullins (Cl) :25

120 – Ryan McElhaney (BC) rec;d forfeit

126 – Knox Fuller (BC) pinned Tristan Blansit (Cl) 2:30

132 – Chris Debien (Cl) pinned Hunter Parker (BC) 2:27

138 – Stephen Scott (BC) dec Joseph Bowers (Cl) 6-3

Cleveland penalized 1 team point.

They'll forfeit out the region finals. They usually do

It looks like Baylor wrestles Father Ryan and Mba this week and McCallie wrestles Mba and Father Ryan. Not sure if everyone is healthy as of now. It appears some of the Mccallie kids have been banged up and Baylor hasn't had a full lineup the entire season. Not sure abut Father Ryan and Mba. Baylor beat father Ryan at the Cleveland duals without their full line up and a mild upset with King over Murphy. I don't think anyone gets within 20 pts of them this time.

I believe father Ryan will win because Baylor wrestled a perfect match winning all the swing matches just like Bradley did against Cleveland. Baylor won at 145 which was an upset as well as 152 another upset and Baylor won by 12 let's say both of those are decisions that ties the match. King vs Murphy was not an upset. King is an animal and controlled the entire match with ease. 126 I do not think Baylor will score bonus points again at. And 220 is a swing match that Baylor won which could go either way. Father Ryan did not have their full lineup neither did Baylor but Baylor won that day. I think Father Ryan wins this weekend. But I am interested to see if mccallie can beat them which I do believe they can they defeated Bradley early in the season. Definitely one of the best weekends of wrestling.

Edited by westernwrestler

I believe father Ryan will win because Baylor wrestled a perfect match winning all the swing matches just like Bradley did against Cleveland. Baylor won at 145 which was an upset as well as 152 another upset and Baylor won by 12 let's say both of those are decisions that ties the match. King vs Murphy was not an upset. King is an animal and controlled the entire match with ease. 126 I do not think Baylor will score bonus points again at. And 220 is a swing match that Baylor won which could go either way. Father Ryan did not have their full lineup neither did Baylor but Baylor won that day. I think Father Ryan wins this weekend. But I am interested to see if mccallie can beat them which I do believe they can they defeated Bradley early in the season. Definitely one of the best weekends of wrestling.

Valid points , I've done a little research and spoken to a few people. Father Ryan definitely can make up some points at 145 , 152 and 220 and will have to. I don't think they get bonus at 113 this time or atleast not a pin and 182 will be a huge 12 point swing in favor of Baylor. Murphy was supposedly ( according to my sources) extremley sick. I think they reverse that loss but I'm also being told King is trying to go to 132? That match alone will be worth the price of admission. Baylor has been wrestling very tough competition since the Cleveland duals and should be clicking on all cylinders. At Cleveland it was many of their kids first matches due to football. I was told Surherland had only practiced a day or toe and hadn't wrestled live in practice prior to that tournament. Schmissrateur. Parker and the heavy hadn't practiced but a week or so. I think this Baylor team is about as tough as it gets after really looking at it. I say Baylor by 18 if they have their full line up. I'm told a few kids are nursing injuries and may not wrestle. You are interested in seeing if McCallie can beat who? McCallie didn't beat Bradley this year. I was there and Bradley won

Edited by rgiii