Alcoa Tornadoes 2015

AlcoaBasketball

It sounds like Notre Dame might take a step back, so the team that worries me the most is obviously CAK. If we meet CPA again, I know motivation won't be a problem.

I talked with the defensive coordinator Brian Nix a few weeks ago, and he said that he believes Alcoa might be BETTER this year than last. It might not look that way on the surface, but we just won't have the 1 bell cow running back like Tyson that we rely on every down (certainly not yet). We might see several running backs this year.

that being said, hard to replace 80% of your offense....even if you try and platoon to do it.

It sounds like Notre Dame might take a step back, so the team that worries me the most is obviously CAK. If we meet CPA again, I know motivation won't be a problem.

I talked with the defensive coordinator Brian Nix a few weeks ago, and he said that he believes Alcoa might be BETTER this year than last. It might not look that way on the surface, but we just won't have the 1 bell cow running back like Tyson that we rely on every down (certainly not yet). We might see several running backs this year.

that being said, hard to replace 80% of your offense....even if you try and platoon to do it. Not to mention also loosing D1 talented offensive lineman.

Some of the CPA people believe this years team will be the best so far. I'm hearing they are loading up the roster and will be the favorite in 3a for many years to come. They are even taking on Ensworth this year! CPA looks as if they want to replace Ensworth,BA, MBA, as THE private in Nashville when it comes to sports.

Some of the CPA people believe this years team will be the best so far. I'm hearing they are loading up the roster and will be the favorite in 3a for many years to come. They are even taking on Ensworth this year! CPA looks as if they want to replace Ensworth,BA, MBA, as THE private in Nashville when it comes to sports.

yep....going the route of the basketball programs.

Look forward to all the battles we'll have in the BC Bowl!

Our offensive line will obviously be a concern. It's too early to tell there.

Evans and Turby will be very good. But, the other positions will be weak. If #13 and #18 rotate again this season,look for more  "out of rhythm " offensive series. Pick a starting QB and be done. Last years offense never found high gear. 

Evans and Turby will be very good. But, the other positions will be weak. If #13 and #18 rotate again this season,look for more "out of rhythm " offensive series. Pick a starting QB and be done. Last years offense never found high gear.

What really could hurt us is if both 18 and 13 play on both sides of the ball like last year, which doubles their chances of getting injured. McClurg is definitely the better QB for a power running game while Myers is a better outside runner.

Alcoa middle school beat Maryville middle school 35-0 last season. The Alcoa freshman team hung 49 points on Maryville's freshman team in the win....and the Alcoa JV team beat Maryville's JV team 35-0. All last season while the varsity team got hammered by Maryville. Alcoa has major talent when you spread the field and the wealth. Or.......you could just hand of to the RB 50 times a game.......yawn.

Alcoa middle school beat Maryville middle school 35-0 last season. The Alcoa freshman team hung 49 points on Maryville's freshman team in the win....and the Alcoa JV team beat Maryville's JV team 35-0. All last season while the varsity team got hammered by Maryville. Alcoa has major talent when you spread the field and the wealth. Or.......you could just hand of to the RB 50 times a game.......yawn.

You don't know (bleep) about football!!!! :roflol:

Rankin is old school, key.....is the head coach for Maryville during VARSITY games. I am sure Oakland and Blackman freshman and JV teams could beat Maryville.......but not the varsity. They dont give gold balls out for the best freshman teams. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan